Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Ancillary Inspection Services

Notices

Ancillary Inspection Services Contains discussions about Radon, Wood Infestation, Water Quality, Well, Septic, Lead, Asbestos, Pool, and Mold inspections.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5/23/17, 4:23 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default WDO Inspections Selling Points

Hello,

First post. Wanted to hear some good selling points for WDO inspections. I had a client question adding on a WDO inspection.

Client response: "Is it worth paying the extra fee and aren't you kinda inspecting for termites anyways with your home inspection? Shouldn't you be looking in all the areas termites might be during your inspection? I just don't see what the difference is?"

Has anyone ran into these types of questions? Any helpful tips on responding to questions like this would be great.

Thanks

Hammer Home Inspections
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Need a home inspection in Minnesota? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Minnesota certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 5/24/17, 10:19 AM
Certified Master Inspector

Default Re: WDO Inspections Selling Points

We do several things differently when we do a WDO report, including looking for termites at the foundation(mulch), drywoods in the soffit and tapping baseboards for damage.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Flor...ceinspections/

Visit the InterNACHI Awards page

John Shishilla
State of Fl Home Inspector #21
Certified Residential Contractor CRC1330745
Mold Assessor MRSA 1544

Serving all of Melbourne, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Rockledge, Viera, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbor Beach, Vero, Vero Beach and surrounding areas.

Honor Construction Inspection Service
www.honorconstruction.com

321-327-2950

Old 5/29/17, 1:40 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: WDO Inspections Selling Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalentine View Post
Hello,

First post. Wanted to hear some good selling points for WDO inspections. I had a client question adding on a WDO inspection.

Client response: "Is it worth paying the extra fee and aren't you kinda inspecting for termites anyways with your home inspection? Shouldn't you be looking in all the areas termites might be during your inspection? I just don't see what the difference is?"

Has anyone ran into these types of questions? Any helpful tips on responding to questions like this would be great.

Thanks
Of course I look for WDI during a Home Inspection, but here in AZ you need a License to mention Termites. If someone needs a report specifically for Termites they need to pay the fee.

I would tell them you do two seperate reports, and if the want a report for WDI(Termites) than there will be an additional fee.

Pay me, don't pay me, I don't care.... just don't go all HVAC/IR dude on me and talk my ear off about it

I had a Realtor questioning me about holding both a Termite License and a Home Inspection License and if it was a conflict of interest....

I said, "Of course it is a conflict of interest, if you are a Termite".

"So, what are your thoughts on the Flir One??"