well line to house

I’m drawing a blank. (it is late) What is the proper term for the black plastic line that typ. runs from the well to inside the house?

Hello, southern Michigan…well lateral pipe works for me.

It’s usually just referred to as black service pipe.

I just refer to it as the main water line.

HDPE Tubing Service Pipe:

Polyethylene Tubing has many distinct advantages over other types of service pipe. It will not rust, rot or corrode. It has exceptional toughness, excellent resistance to abrasion and will flex repeatedly without damage. CTS Polyethylene Tubing is designed for 200 P.S.I.
IPS Polyethyethylene is offered in four different working pressures 100,125,160, and 200 P.S.I.

Its pressure rating remains unaffected by mild nicks and scratches that may occur during installation. The insulating qualities of Polyethylene help to prevent water from freezing inside the pipe. Should freezing occur, thawing should be done with steam or hot air.

Hope this helps.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

Marcel,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your very informative posts.

Well service line…

Well service entry pipe…

Well water feed line…

Joe, Hope you are fine and well.

Was that a statement or questions?
Just curious.

Marcel :slight_smile:

Statement. Its all good, as were your suggestions.

Hey, Joe!

Good luck with that rediculous situation in NY. Here’s hoping they will “forget about it.” What a blatant attempt to hijack a whole industry! Geeze!

Thanks again for the course in Memphis. Quickly figuring, I know you couldn’t have profited much from it economically, if at all. I’ve been busier than a one-armed paper hanger, and haven’t had a chance to follow up on finding a lab, but I intend to just as soon as things cool off a bit.

Jimmy B.