Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Plumbing Inspections

Notices

Plumbing Inspections Contains discussions about plumbing.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7/16/17, 11:41 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Black gas pipe through attic access opening

I came across a section of gas pipe running through the access opening about 4 inches in on the side everyone needs to use to get to the furnace. I did not manage to find relevant info as to how to call this a defect (I certainly don't like it since it will get knocked about and there is a tee a few inches from the opening). Are there regs in the UPC / California code regarding protection / strapping / etc., or is it is just not permitted?

Thanks!
Need a home inspection in Indiana? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Indiana certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/16/17, 1:00 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: Black gas pipe through attic access opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherney View Post
I came across a section of gas pipe running through the access opening about 4 inches in on the side everyone needs to use to get to the furnace. I did not manage to find relevant info as to how to call this a defect (I certainly don't like it since it will get knocked about and there is a tee a few inches from the opening). Are there regs in the UPC / California code regarding protection / strapping / etc., or is it is just not permitted?

Thanks!
***Post a pic*** as your post make little sense... enough so to give me the impression that you should not be performing inspections without more education!

I'll discuss/explain more after you post a legible photo.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).

Old 7/17/17, 1:28 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: Black gas pipe through attic access opening

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherney View Post

Thanks!
Bump!

Anybody else?

Jeffrey R. Jonas
Owatonna, Minnesota

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."
- Robert Frost, American poet (1874-1963).