This a first for me TPRV

This is a first Tell me what is wrong here

The valve is not allowed to drain uphill. . .

Yes then they connected to a 3/4 drain pipe with other tprv s from other condo.s Just one drain and i have no idea where it dumped.

Last part should not matter as they will not go off at the same time.

Yea but if one is leaking, how do you tell which one?

That may sound right but its not.

I am comparing it to a breaker with electric heat baseboards and a window A/C unit on the same electrical branch.
(allowed)

Got a code? because I would not call it a hard write up when I am lucky to not see them dumping into a drain pan most of the time.

**504.6 Requirements for discharge piping.
**The discharge
piping serving a pressure relief valve, temperature relief valve
or combination thereof shall:

1. Not be directly connected to the drainage system.
  2. Discharge through an air gap located in the same room
    as the water heater.
  3. Not be smaller than the diameter of the outlet of the
    valve served and shall discharge full size to the air gap.
    4. Serve a single relief device and shall not connect to piping
    serving any other relief device or equipment.
  4. Discharge to the floor, to an indirect waste receptor or
    to the outdoors. Where discharging to the outdoors in
    areas subject to freezing, discharge piping shall be first
    piped to an indirect waste receptor through an air gap
    located in a conditioned area.
  5. Discharge in a manner that does not cause personal
    injury or structural damage.
  6. Discharge to a termination point that is readily observable
    by the building occupants.
  7. Not be trapped.
  8. Be installed so as to flow by gravity.
  9. Not terminate more than 6 inches (152 mm) above the
    floor or waste receptor.
  10. Not have a threaded connection at the end of such piping.

I figured that was the rule, but wonder why?

Just a guess, but maybe because if one of them discharges you can’t tell which one is failing?

That can be seen from the Hot water tank area.

How would you know other wise?

Not like there is an alarm at the bottom of the drain:D

There could be… http://www.getfloodstop.com/category_s/2.htm :smiley:

:D:D:D:D

Well I wrote it up do to the fact is going down then up and connected to a drain no air gap
When like this Typicial Tprv should be in a down ward slope and have a air gap going to the drain to prevent back flow , Recommend a Licence Plumber to review to see if this meets local requirments.

How do we know this?

Last reply answers the last one–or was it the other way around hmmm…anyway that was my rebutal as you can see leakage at the air gap.:shock:

Well we see what they do about it, Agent said they would let me know. Higher end condo, This should stir the pot a little all the condo’s are the same . Been all re done.
Also i had 80% moisture reading above the shower Flir showed a wet area 16 by 16 inches .in the bathroom Suspect the above tub leaking. They where told that stain had been there ever sense they bought it 2 years ago.

No review necessary. Simply recommend correction.

Jeff in this area Bldg inspectors approve strange things , Sometimes even questionable.
That is why i put review to see if this meets local requirements. Someone had to take a permit out on this when they did it.
You know and i know it is wrong LOL

Just because it was approved, doesn’t make it right. A plumber may go out there and tell them it “meets local code,” or “it will work just fine,” because he just doesn’t know any better - or maybe he was the one who installed it in the first place.

You (all of us) can still be held partially responsible for issues if we simply defer for “further review.” This means we will accept the opinion of the contractor over our own. I won’t do this when I know it’s wrong.

I say “fix it.” If the contractor says “no,” it’s on him. I have found that (in most cases) when push comes to shove, the contractors will make the corrections based on our recommendations, whether they believe we are right or not.