Loop Vent

:roll: I saw my first so called loop vent for an island kitchen sink and talked to a plumber friend today because I absolutely did not under stand the principle of operation. Can one of you plumbing Grues expand on this a bit further. The drain for the sink has a P-trap like any other sink but the vent travels up close to the bottom of the fixture and then travels back down in a loop and re-connects to the same line just above the trap making a completely closed loop. The plumber stated that this loop was legal in this state. Can any one expand on this. Thanks in advance.</IMG>

http://www.codecheck.com/pg13_14plumbing.html#vents

Maybe a picture will help

sorry don’t have time for pics

The “loop” when done proplerly still allows the necessary air to be drawn in while water is flowing downstream.

When you see a loop in an island, that is why you see the P trap and the pipe adjacent to it in vertical position. The second pipe is allowing air to be drawn in. Loops tend to be slightly more troublesome comparatively. We use one up in sizing for vent and drain to allow for a long life of installation.

Sorry, don’t have time to answer questions then! :roll:

ouch, tough crowd. :mrgreen:

You have to admit Jay…it is tough to diagnose a defect/non defect of this particular item WITHOUT a picture…I bet all of us envision different things when we read his post.

he must have taken a pic of it if he thought it was a defect yes?

http://www.codecheck.com/pg13_14plumbing.html#vents

Oh i totaly agree Tony, i was being a smart ***, as usual. i mean who needs to see something to tell whats wrong. the answer is so simple it’s YES,… i mean NO, …wait, could you repeat the question again…never mind i’m going with my gut on this one, the answer is…BEER.

I’m on #2…Hockey game tonite was 1 hour away in podunkville…my kids 12 year and under team played a rag tag team of 15 year olds and spanked em…my kid went to the box 3 times!!! So I got a late start on the brewskis…but I’m gonna make up for lost time.

I’m with ya there bro. i just cracked a nice cold piece of Golden Colorado my self. no slowing down with this silver bullet. CHEERS. now let’s get back on topic…do you think i can run a pipeline from the “tap” on the rockeys, and get a direct line? that’d save so many trips to the fridge, and then a catheter, i won’t have to get up…ever.

Nah…half the fun is eating the foam aint it?
Besides…Mr. Coors won’t let you…

DAMN YOU!!! just ruin my dreams why don’t ya. heck you wanna kick my dog too? what a bummer…i need another beer now, thanx. oh well, nothing like a small managable drinking problem. don’t worry i can hadle (hickup) it. it won’t effect me in anywiayugioqir oirjtqoir 0t 049t alkv 0erug 0 .,. GREAT. now the room is spinning…

Don’t you guys have any good beer in New Hampshire?

yeah, but it comes from Colorado…well theres Sam Adams, but i wouldn’t call that GOOD, or Beer for that matter.

Sorry to keep this non topical thread going, but both of those beers are simply “beer flavored beveridge”. I’m done.

so what kind of beer doesn’t taste like beer?

jack Daniels???

Jae, if jack made beer i think you’d be right, it WOULD NOT taste like beer

I don’t care…

I like Jack…
I like Jack…
I jike Lack…
Ji ilk ack…

Too much Jack, I opine.