Plumbing repair

:shock:I found this today in an attic. Clamp the pipe leak and put a bowl to catch any excess water, brilliant!

Yep… it’s getting more and more difficult to find an old inner tube for gasket material nowadays. :stuck_out_tongue:

They should have used a bigger bowl.

Needs a yokum drain and a # 9 washtub:D:D

Inner tube… That’s brilliant Jeff!

I once saved myself $400 in A/C repair for my old Lumina with a clamp like that and some old innertube. Still leaked but I slowed it down a lot and survived the summer. :slight_smile:

Ah yes… the old galvanized pipe clamp repair, what’s more of a crime, that stores sell them or they get installed above finished living space?

:smiley:

1 Like

or a gutter to channel leaking water to the soffit vent :smiley:

I just knew someone here could appreciate “old school” methods! :wink:

All that is missing is a drain hose from the bowl to the soffit vent, Good to go :roll:

Don’t you Yankee’s know anything a yokem drain is a funnel and a hose:roll::D:D

What the hell is YOLLLLEM :roll::roll:

Leave it to an Okie to not know what a Yankee is…
lol…
:slight_smile:
California… No
Wisconsin… guess again…

There is only two sides to the Mason Dixon line and there is east and west of the Mississippi the remaining don’t count OHHHH then there is SW Missouri kinda of a lost island;-):wink:

LOL

One morning 3 alabama good old boys and 3 yankees were in a ticket line at the birmingham train station heading to atlanta for a big football game.

The 3 northerners each bought a ticket and watched as the 3 southerners bought just one ticket among them.

“how are the 3 of you going to travel on one 1 ticket?” asked one of the yankees.

“watch and learn” answered one of the boys from the south.

When the 6 travelers boarded the train, the 3 yankees sat down, but the 3 southerners crammed into a bathroom together and closed the door.

Shortly after the train departed, the conductor came around to collect tickets.

He knocked on the bathroom door and said, “tickets please.” the door opened just a crack and a single arm emerged with a ticket in hand. The conductor took it and moved on.

The yankees saw this happen and agreed it was quite a clever idea. Indeed, so clever that they decided to do the same thing on the return trip and save some money.

That evening after the game when they got to the atlanta train station, they bought a single ticket for the return trip while to their astonishment the 3 southerners didn’t buy even 1 ticket.

“how are you going to travel without a ticket?” asked one of the perplexed yankees.

“watch and learn”, answered one of the southern boys.

When they boarded the train the 3 northerners crammed themselves into a bathroom and the 3 southerners crammed themselves into the other bathroom across from it.

Shortly after the train began to move, one of the southerners left their bathroom and walked quietly over to the yankee’s bathroom. He knocked on the door and said “ticket please”.

All in good fun :roll:

T wo Minnesota mechanical engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking up. A woman walks by and asks what they were doing.

‘We’re supposed to find the height of the flagpole,’ said Sven, 'but we don’t have a ladder.

The woman took a wrench from her purse, loosened a few bolts, and laid the pole down. Then she took a tape measure from her pocketbook, took a measurement, announced, 'Eighteen feet, six inches, and walked away.

Ole shook his head and laughed. ‘Ain’t that just like a woman! We ask for the height and she gives us the length!’

Sven and Olie are currently working for the Wisconsin Department of Transportation designing “round-a-bouts”.

Redneck plumbing is what I call this

Great for you. But if it is keep leaking it might give you worse problem do.

----- Plumbing Sydney -------

Sweet! I guess that one could go both ways. LOL

One morning 3 Canadian good old boys and 3 Americans were in a ticket line at the birmingham train station heading to atlanta for a big football game.

The 3 northerners bought one ticket and watched as the 3 southerners bought 3 tickets among them.

“how are the 3 of you going to travel on one 1 ticket?” asked one of the Americans.

“watch and learn” answered one of the boys from the North.

When the 6 travelers boarded the train, the 3 Americans sat down, but the 3 Canadians crammed into a bathroom together and closed the door.

Shortly after the train departed, the conductor came around to collect tickets.

He knocked on the bathroom door and said, “tickets please.” the door opened just a crack and a single arm emerged with a ticket in hand. The conductor took it and moved on.

The Americans saw this happen and agreed it was quite a clever idea. Indeed, so clever that they decided to do the same thing on the return trip and save some money.

That evening after the game when they got to the atlanta train station, they bought a single ticket for the return trip while to their astonishment the 3 Canadians didn’t buy even 1 ticket.

“how are you going to travel without a ticket?” asked one of the perplexed guys.

“watch and learn”, answered one of the Ontario boys.

When they boarded the train the 3 Americans crammed themselves into a bathroom and the 3 Ontarion’s crammed themselves into the other bathroom across from it.

Shortly after the train began to move, one of the Ontarion’s left their bathroom and walked quietly over to the American’s bathroom. He knocked on the door and said “ticket please”.:):):slight_smile:

Actually, the device deployment looks like something that was taught in Navy Damage Control Courses.