Pressure release valve pipe- can it be like this?

Hi,
any members who can say whether a valve down pipe from the pressure release valve is allowed to curve like this to get to the drain hole. Would the pressure not try to staiten the curve out and perhaps thereby pull out of the pan and leak out of the pan. All the ones I.ve seen are strait down.

Interesting - this hot watertank is on second floor and appears happy to drain out onto a badly notched , supporting I-engineered beam in the crawl space. see second pic. Hve a look at this!

D- 224.jpg

HotWater Tank in closet.jpg

The T & P drain pipe is ok as long as it is 3/4" minimum (Normal size for T & P Drain Pipe) or for the rating of the T & P valve. Just make sure it is NOT crimped or plugged and has a FREE discharge area.

The cut TJI is hard to see, Is the top plate cut? or the web?

The top palte and some of the web

The TOP plate should NOT be cut. Is there support under the TJI, You could support it on BOTH sides of the cut area below it perhaps

The T&P drain pipe appears to be regular PVC…is that correct? If so, it should be replaced with CPVC.

It is a plumbing code violation in most regions to have ANY valve downstream of a pressure release valve of any kind…

Jan,
If I understand you correctly you are saying that the T&P valve drains into the crawlspace? That should not be. If the valve starts to leak it would be draining into the crawlspace and could possibly cause a moisture problem. ICC’s 2006 plumbing code states 504.6 The discharge piping serving a pressure relief valve, temperature relief valve or combination there of shall: 6. Discharge in a manner that does not cause personal injury or structural damage. 7. Discharge to a termination point that is readily observeable by the building occupants.