Probably a really stuip question

But I am in a bind here. I need to permanetlly shut off a water outlet from under my crawl space to the out side, that was used to water the lawn, wash cars, etc. Is a simple cap off all I need? It seems to simple for a about .79 cents to fix…

If this is all I need to do? Sorry for the stupid question, but plumbing along with electrical work can keep me up for days, wondering if what I did is going to cause me big problems…

Thanks in advance for any input…

Hi Rick.

I don’t know what you mean by “permanently” but there may be a shut off valve in the crawlspace to turn off the outside hose bib. Or, you could have one installed. That way it would not be usable until the crawlspace valve was turned back on.

Some builders here actually put an extra valve in the garage to turn off all the exterior faucets. Not a bad idea especially since water is the next oil.

yes.

Thanks to everybody. I guess I’ll give it a try and save about $100.00 by not having to call in a plumber. I need to shut this off so I can add some dirt around my foundation to help solve a mositure problem in my crawl space. Plus I have one on the other side of the houe that I can use…

Thanks again…