High quality H2O

And go…Seriously though, the GC said he couldn’t find a plumber that was a reasonable quote or had the time to do the job so he did it himself. Thank goodness the client wanted it looked at.
Also, what you can’t see in the pic is the traps in series.

Defer to AHJ.

I recommended a plumber look at it further. Too many issues to list here. Definitely the worst I’ve seen in a while!

“It’s all gotta come out” is what AHJ will say. I bet that plumber’s bid sounds pretty good now.

Might casually mention to the “builder” that plumbers must be licensed by the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners. Could be some stiff penalties for unlicensed practitioners performing bad work.

I’d like to hear how you characterized it in your report.

Can someone humor me and list the issues in this pic?
I can see a couple but am trying learn what I can about plumbing right now. Thanks!

I’ll take a crack at a few visible or that can be inferred from what is visible.

• Studor vents buried in the wall rather than actual vents
  • Reduction in the diameter of the standpipe
  • Missing required cleanout for the standpipe
  • A/C condensation line ties into the unsanitary side of the trap
  • Traps in series (drain that ties in from the left)
  • Over-boring of studs with no shoes
  • No penetration protection where piping is less than 1-1/2 inches from the face of the framing
  • I don’t think you can tie another fixture into a standpipe, but not positive on that one

Given the overt amateurish nature of the work, I’m sure that there are many more, but that’s enough to get you started.

Good grief, did the GC do the electrical as well?

Plus the fact that a non-licensed person did the plumbing work.

Well, it does have that same degree of “quality”, so it might appear so. The GC’s cost-cutting measures are about to get really expensive.