Sewer line inspection cameras

For those who do sewer line inspections, what camera do you use?

I sub these out to a local plumbing contractor, the last i checked these cameras were to expensive for my limited use…

1 Like

I sub this service out.

I know you have multiple inspectors so it might not be a bad idea for you to do it in house. Perhaps find someone that is experienced at sewer scoping.

You could also make this person a dedicated sewer scope technician and provide your services to other home inspectors in your area.

I would check with plumbing companies and suppliers to see what they recommend for equipment also.

1 Like

Thanks David, I am working with the local Sewer expert here, I was just looking for more from possibly experienced inspectors doing there own sewer inspection, I have a hired full time sewer inspector now, I am just trying to complete any outside info I can get, not much on training through NACHI on it, I turn away a couple sewer inspections a day without marketing it, Time to start earning on it, Factor #6 in STACKS, " How good you are at selling additional ancillary inspection services" is my #1 goal this year.

1 Like

Wholer vis 350. I’m pretty happy with it. If your interested in getting one, I can look up info and tell you where to get…

We use a Rigid Sea Snake. Portable, battery powered, hand held unit with 100 feet of cable.
Bought it at Ohio tool for 3200.00

is 1oo feet enough to do a proper inspection??

That really depends on your local area.

Older homes are likely to need longer.

At the Nachi facility class, we were taught 140 feet is a better length.

But I have yet to acquire my camera

Check out easycamllc.com
They have a modular system and over night ship any parts that break down so you minimize down time.

Hi Peter,

Larry Cage suggested I contact you regarding septic and sewer lines. Do you know how my company can get educated to perform these type of inspections? I currently sub them out.
Thank you, Tim

Hi Tim, All of Peter’s info is in his signature in post #6. You will have better luck emailing him directly, I would think. And, my last name is with a “K”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just an update. I have had Wholer cameras since 2015-2016. Initially we were happy, but we have had several issues with these cameras over the years. Service has not been great. At this point I would not recommend. We will probably be going to rigid on our next units.

1 Like

I use a Viztrac with a cable that’s just shy of 200 feet, but would recommend a Rigid instead.

Hi Adam,
I was using a outside contractor and got tired of the scheduling hassles. So I got certified and bought my own set-up. I use a Ridgid Sea Snake Mini Trusense model 63628 with 200’ cable and a Ridgid Sea Snake CS65x. Bought it through Ohio Tool. They had a deal going and I got a Sonde NaviTrack Scout with it for “free”. https://www.ohiopowertool.com/c-98-pipe-inspection-cameras-equipment.aspx

1 Like

Thanks for the referral, Evan. I’ve got three referrals for the Ridgid cameras now.

You’re welcome Adam. It’s my pleasure.

No, 100’ is not enough in southwest Colorado where I live.

1 Like

Not long enough in many residential homes in in my opinion. But, some areas homes are really close to the street. Regardless of how long the scope is, you best disclaim your limitations.

1 Like