Shower Pan Test Procedures

What is the procedure a plumber uses for testing a shower pan? How far should the water be filled and for how long should it be tested. If anyone has a link with the procedures, that would be great. I have a realtor asking me as a third party (never done an inspection for her) whether or not she is getting hosed by the buyer’s inspector and plumber being in cahoots. Thanks.

http://www.professionalequipment.com/xq/ASP/ProductID.187/id.4/subID.262/qx/default.htm

Joseph,

That is the best device on the market for tesing shower pans.

Christopher,

All you can do is run the shower for the lenght of time you are in the house. Sometimes they will leak and sometimes they will not, depending on when they were last used. Sometimes it can take weeks for a leak to show up.
Be sure and check the closet and all other walls adjacent to the shower for leaks and stains, an be sure to lift up any carpeting to look for water.

[quote=wsiegel]
Joseph,

That is the best device on the market for tesing shower pans.

Christopher,

All you can do is run the shower for the lenght of time you are in the house. Sometimes they will leak and sometimes they will not, depending on when they were last used. Sometimes it can take weeks for a leak to show up.
Be sure and check the closet and all other walls adjacent to the shower for leaks and stains**, an be sure to lift up any carpeting to look for water.**/quote]

I think not! Never lift any carpet. If you do you have preformed an invasive inspection… Do not want to go there dude.

Report what you see and nothing else… You cant guess whats going on behind the wall…