Solar water heaters

Can someone show me in any code where there is a temp setting requirement for Solar water heater going to the tap. I’ve been told that there is no requirement for temperature coming from the solar to be set at lower temps. The tank has the usual electical backup with the setting set at 120-125 degrees. but this does not prevent the panel heated water from going to the tap at temps as high as 175 degrees. I call it out as safety issue the time. I want to back it up with a code or other documentation from an AHJ somewhere.

http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/Images/honeywell_am101us1withgasketmed.jpg

Honeywell Thermostatic Mixing Valve
The Sparco Sparcomix AM series accurately adjusts, maintains and limits the hot water temperature to a desired setting selected by the user. In domestic water applications it offers anti-scald, anti-chill protection and saves money. The installation of a Sparco AM mixing valve on an 80 gallon hot water heater increases the usable hot water to 120 gallons by running the water heater at a higher temperature and mixing it to a safe usable temperature. In heating applications it provides comfort and protects the equipment.

Not sure of a code requirement Stephen, but you could reccomend a mixing valveto prevent scalding.

Good info Brian! Thanks