Trap Configuration??

Need some assistance with this configuration. Owner decided to move the disposal from the left sink to the right sink. So the plumber added a sanitary T on the left p-trap. I looks very much like an S-Trap configuration.

Comments or suggestions?

Kevin

CIMG1529.JPG

If I had to guess based on that photo, it does look like an s-trap(actually 2).

tom

Here is a S-Trap.

That’s a good picture, Dale. What’s you opinion on this “A-typical” configuration?

Kev

Kevin if it drained fine I doubt by looking at the picture I would say much of anything, “except it appears to be done by an amateur and if drainage problems occur in the future have a licensed plumber install everything pretty like”…:smiley:

The traps must be at the same elevation, which they are not.

The upper drain-line will siphon the contents of the lower trap. The whole thing is a wreck. . .

Jeff

How are they going to siphon the contents from each other when their connected to two different openings?

Thanks Dale and Jeff!!

Kev

Dale,

I’m sure Jeff will answer, but here was my original take. The water flowing down the waste pipe for the “right” sink could cause the siphon water out of the “left” trap that is lower than the “right” trap and is connected below with a sanitary T.

That is my take, anyways. I wrote it up as being “a-typical” and called for further evaluation by a licensed plumber.

Kev

:smiley:

Kevin…besides the ugly plumbing, you have about the best looking website I think I have ever seen…!

Thank You :mrgreen:

Off the ugly plumbing topic …:smiley:

Kevin…could you give me a rough est. how much more money your making with the IR cam?

Are you doing any just simply IR inspections?

Damn I want one of those cams but keep wondering if it will pay for itself here, since we do lack rain now and then…:smiley:

Since March of this year, I have averaged just over 1,000 a month from my ITI services.

I have had a few requests for stand alone IR Inspections, but mostly ad-on’s to a general HI.

If I were you, I would take the plunge now rather than waiting. In about 5-7 years (maybe sooner) most inspectors will have an IR camera in thier tool bag. The sooner you get into doing it, the more money you are going to make and you will set yourself apart from your compitition.

Here is what I’ve been charging:

1. ITI General Scan (ad on to HI): 79.00
  2. ITI Electrical Survey: 99.00
  3. ITI Moisture Survey: 99.00
  4. ITI Energy Survey: 129.00
  5. Home Tune-uP with ITI Energy Survey w/Inspection: 278.00
  6. Home Tune-uP with ITI Energy Survey without/Inspection: 428.00

By far the most popular is the General ITI Scan. I bring the camera to every inspection and offer my clients a brief demo asking them if they want to add the general scan. Most say “yes” on the spot.

-Kevin

Same here, extreme drought and now they are saying there could be a watering ban until middle of 2008. :frowning:

Kevin

I think your absolutely right, just brake that machine out for a second and let them drool a little with a couple shots…I know I would pay the extra 79 bucks.

I’ll have to talk Brian Kelly into going halves on one with me…:lol:

Sorry, I’ve been stuck looking at Kevin’s site for the last few hours . . :smiley:

That’s correct. In any event, they must be at the same elevation before they enter into the “vertical-leg” which also requires an increased pipe diameter to be proper.

Like I said, this thing is a wreck. Nothing about it is proper.

#1 there is no vent. without a vent you will have trap siphonage.

#2 there is no vent. It doesn’t matter what elevation a trap arm connects to the drain, if no vent.

Does anyone know the local codes for this situation?