would this be considered an S trap?

[attach]

[/attach]

yep…

Damn…looks like i have some plumbing to do lol. Funny what gets past you in your own house.

just be aware that should You fill the sink full and drain it all at once the trap could siphon dry and allow sewer gasses to enter the room… If You are not draining a full sink at a time…normal washing hands ect. this should not be a serious problem…it’s prolly been like that since that sink was installed, I would not be losing a lot of sleep over it…

Just dont tell my wife…it will be on “the list of doom”

Maybe.

Did you measure the horizontal run?

If not, you cannot honestly call it an S-trap.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f22/26960d1234980739-does-trap-look-kosher-s-trap-conversion.jpg

No but its kind of a pretzel thats why i was wondering if it was…sorta of folds into itself forming a twisted s rather then the obvious s trap

I did, it’s too short. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f22/52529d1328997727t-would-considered-s-trap-img_20120211_120040.jpg

I did also, but as you know, looks can be deceiving!:mrgreen:

Besides, I felt the OP and other newer inspectors (perhaps a few older ones also) should know how to distinguish an S-trap, and not just “wing it”. :wink:

no trouble figuring that one out Jeff…

It would be interesting to take a poll and see how many inspectors would write a reply like this in their inspection report versus “you got to tear that thing out right now”! :wink:

Mike holmes would recommend tearing the house down and getting ride of that obviously asbestos wrapped trap, cant you see that dust on it? Obviously asbestos! Remember you gotta “make it right”.
Thanks for the input guys, see this is where im at right now. Ive learned a bunch of stuff now i am trying to fine tune it. The details is where you guys are so valuable. Its one. thing to know an S trap is not current code…its another to know what is “almost” an S trap you cant get that from a book. Thx guys, i’ll be a jedi one day lol

I explain that an s trap does not meet current standards, that it may be subject to siphoning and allow sewer gas into the home and let the client decide what to do with the information.

Ditto

Absolutely an S-Trap.

What would you all say about this one? :smiley:

What with the size reduction?

Fubar…

I finally came across an “S-Trap” today that actually siphoned out when drained!=D>

it was bound to happen sooner or later…

Can I use this method with a wall outlet (as opposed to a floor outlet)?

Here is what I am trying to do: