cracks in new construction foundation

New construction condo has cracking in the block wall foundation. It’s my first new construction inspection.

All the cracks are on the basement walls that are shared with the other condos. There are cracks on both sides. No access to the other side of the foundation of course and presumably no load against the other side of the wall.

5 cracks total. Their are 3 separate hairline step cracks, 2 of them extending the height of the wall.

The 4th and 5th crack is where I have questions/concerns…

Two step cracks that start at the sill plate, stepping toward each other until they join in the middle of the wall (forming a V). Then after they meet two cracks continue down to the slab, one as a step crack, another as a vertical crack. It is wider at the top than the bottom. It is just shy of 1/4" at its widest (The top and where the cracks meet).

Pictures attached are all of cracks 4 and 5.

I was dropping off the radon, the buyers live out of town and won’t be there for the inspection.

What is going on here? What should I be saying to the client?

Those cracks are indicative of wall settlement.
I would recommend a foundation Contractor to take a look at the whole area and evaluate the problem so it can be brought to the Building Contractors attention for repair.

Thanks Marcel!