egress/escape?

The function of a egress is to conduct occupants of a building to a safe place in case of fire.
Question.
Apartment inspection. Habitability: .
3rd floor.
Fire egress/escape?
Door are wooden hollow core 14,5 inches wide.
Egress/escape stairwell is wooden.
5/8 gypsum perforated.
No lighting.

Question. Would the stairwell be called an egress? or fire escape?
Splitting hairs.:roll:

Fire Escape as an egress would need a wider door 3 feet wide and 6 ft 8 inches high. according to R 311.

Spell checker and my prescription glasses which I take off along with my hearing aids and my upper and lower plate when I am at my PC. I do not want to become conductive. HA HA HA.
Wow enough dam plastic and pewter and glass to drive any one crazy.
I will leave my glasses on. At least I caught the spelling infraction in my report.
Thanks.

PS: I have the with hight/width requirements.
Just like to know how would other HI’S call the descending spiral stair case to safety.

contact ahj or accept the first post here, ymmv

Sporal stairs shall comply to minimum standards regardless of intended purpose

means of egress

what i get, long before i read this is, spiral and all other stairs shall comply to minimum standards regardless of location or intended purpose

means of egress

what i get, long before i read any of this is, spiral and all other stairs shall comply to minimum standards regardless of location or intended purpose

catastrophic emergency events don’t care about means of egress and planned passageways may become blocked

means of egress

stairs should comply to minimum standards regardless of location or intended purpose

catastrophic emergency events don’t care about means of egress

means of egress

Thanks Barry:)
I had both at the end.
Lost way to much in March.