Holmes on Hooooomes and Holmes installing an interior system

3:35 mark…

Why didn’t he IDENTIFY how/where water is getting in?
Why not do a WATER TEST with a hose and see if water is entering through 1 or more cracks, seams, rods holes, basement window(s)??? ](*,) (duh tar on wall,you’d still see the water enter if there’s a crack, seam, rod hole,window problem)

There’s plenty of room to hand dig if needed and its not that deep to footing,sheesh!

Water might be entering just under/around a basement window…an easy fix.
Point is, take a little TIME and identify,locate where the water is first entering, NOT bypass that and just say…let’s install a dork-brain interior system and allow water to continue to enter and run down/through the dumb az wall and hope it all goes behind that stooooopid memebrane!@!@! Incompetent!

And of course, how about the other dork applying tar on inside walls, lol!!

The problem you’re trying to apply common sense to a tv show. Try doing the same for any other show. You end up in the same place. It is a tv show, that is all. It’s about as real as Big Brother, entertaining but dumb.

the phrase “blind leading the blind” comes to mind…

Wonder how many people get scammed like that, huh Jim?

too many partner…too many…

A wise contractor once said,

“If you’re going to do something, do it right the first time.”

Too bad his TV Start kid chose not to follow his advice. But then again, that advice doesn’t sell. :slight_smile:

BTW- He is the new spokesperson for home inspection regulation in Ontario. Better pick up some DVD’s to get caught up…

A wise contractor once said,

“If you’re going to do something, do it right the first time.”

Too bad his TV Start kid chose not to follow his advice. But then again, that advice doesn’t sell. :slight_smile:

BTW- He is the new spokesperson for home inspection regulation in Ontario. Better pick up some DVD’s to get caught up on my CE…

Please Explain Stephan! Do you mean for the Holmes Inspection Group or part of the advisory just being installed for licensing.
Which one is very important as it will have profound effect on what I do next.

More Homie…walk out and retaining wall

Getting a PERMIT doesn’t mean your going to ok Mr and Mrs Homeowner.

5:50…Yep, clay coming out.

Weeping tile my az! :mrgreen:

Pool, pavers, clay…8" block and fairly deep, no parging, not waterproofed and not backfilled with ALL gravel.

9:50…Mikey wants to see 2’ of stone/gravel…Bubba says not enough IF you want to ‘do it right’ Mikey.

10:00…say again, pftttt on the drain tile…which by the way, at that DEPTH, they put in shtball WEAK black plastic perforated tile which doesn’t withstand the WEIGHT of backfill too good, eh.

11:05 And so, what does Mike and his boys install as NEW drain tile?
Platic perforated tile AGAIN! With a pretty sock, pfttt. If your sooo worried about drain tile and IF you wanna ‘make it right’, then install clay tile or pvc! Jesus Kristams, LOLOLol #-o#-o

17:35…clay going in. Mike says, 2’ of crushed stone and that’s how to do it.
Again, would be much better had you backfilled with ALL gravel MIkey.
Instead you have about 5-6’ of CRAP,clay etc against the wall. After going through all this,the headaches, the work, the cost and you don’t backfill with all gravel!! ](,)](,)

Why waterproof the exterior of the foundation and install a drain at the exterior when you can rip the homeowners basement floor apart and STILL have the water coming inside…INCREDIBLE…:shock: :shock:

And the homeowner is so dumb (or in shock) he/she doesn’t know any better…if Hoommie said its fine I guess its fine…:shock: :shock:

I like it when the nitwit said “Well, its ready for sheetrock”------:shock: :shock:

LOooooooooollllll Dale. :mrgreen:

I’ll tell you, Mark…that is the most ridiculous episode I’ve ever seen…absolutely unbelievable…!!!

------------------------------------:shock: :twisted: :shock:

The guy is a Movie Star, what you talking about.?:mrgreen::wink:

I meant idiot.

I will be making sure to expose as much as possible if this individual somehow sits in the Position overseeing Home Inspectors in Ontario.
I will also do the same if finding out any Real Estate Broker or Tarrion Warranty representative is on board.
As for false media it has just begun and where it will stop know one can say.
I also agree with Dale and have watched his TV program picking apart all episodes that should never have been aired on TV.
Including Mikes new show “Make it Right.”

Maybe call John McEwen, he could certainly help. You 2 could kick some az.