Can not inspect foundation wall due to encapsulation

Could not visually see the block foundation wall in crawl space because crawl had been encapsulation. Not going to take plastic off to look behind either. I need a way to disclaim that in my inspection report. Can anyone help me with that statement ??

DSCN4197.JPG

DSCN4192.JPG

Crawl space wall not visible do to plastic encapsulation ,Because of this, the wall condition is unknown . ( Please See pictures )

You answered your own question in your own post. :smiley:

I don’t normally call people out on this forum but I must say your question is unbecoming of someone listed as a CMI with 13 years in the business and don’t know how to disclaim something not visible at the time of inspection???:shock:

^^^^^^^^^^What he said.^^^^^^^^^^^

I think people sometimes get too wrapped up in “needing” to come up with some profound statement. I prefer to keep it simple, with short, to the point descriptions of what I see or can’t see. Part of that is to not confuse people, but also, if you use less fancy words then there are less fancy words for a money hungry lawyer to twist. JMO.

Just asking what other inspectors say in their reports, I know what to write in my reports. I just wanted to get other suggestions about wording from other “professionals”, I didn’t know that asking a question would be perceived as unprofessional. I certainly don’t need anyones approval on this forum Sir. Thank you Jim for your “positive” Feedback