joist hangers

In this case, the floor joists are taller than the rim joists. The joist hangers hang low and a fastener hole is left open. Should the builders have used different hangers in this case?

The issue is with the ledger

All the holes need a nail. Fail.

Rim joist is not wide enough.

Where are the bolts ?

How far away was the beam ?

The bolts are there, you can’t see them in the pic. Steel I-beam maybe 10’ away. Do joist hangers exist that fit this scenario? Seems like they should’ve used smaller joists with a smaller spread, but I am not an engineer. Maybe there are joist hangers or brackets that fit this scenario?

I believe all of the “top hangers” are only for TJI’s and engineered wood. They could bolt another ledger to fill the space if approved by the engineer. But it’s not your job to prescribe the fix.

The bolts are there, you can’t see them in the pic. Steel I-beam maybe 10’ away. Do joist hangers exist that fit this scenario? Seems like they should’ve used smaller joists with a smaller spread, but I am not an engineer. Maybe there are joist hangers or brackets that fit this scenario?

Improper, all holes should always be filled… and this is not the proper hanger for this application.

And one of the angled fasteners is just hitting the gap between the ledger and concrete.
Unprofessional, call it out.

Agreed!

That is an improper installation. There are a number of Joist hanger manufacturers that make a specialized hanger for that application. Alternatively, the builder could have used a notched joist end with ledger strip.