See anything wrong???

Marcel dont spoil this one. :smiley:
anyone see a repair in the photo?

Oh I so want to comment! and I am sure Marcel has taped his hands so he can’t type. That being said this is not a problem where we are. Hint Hint!

OK Kevin, I give what do you see?

Put a arrow on dip **** lol

I see (what appears to be) a missing diagonal web on the right-hand side. I don’t see anything I would call a “repair.”

I see what looks like missing plates. Almost looks like They were modded to storage trusses? Just give us the answer :slight_smile:

The ridge vent shouldn’t go all the way to the end of the building, it should stop at least 12 to 18 inches from the end.

Sean, could you give some more hints…like this is looking upward while I’m laying on my back in a Dog House my neighbor is building…:stuck_out_tongue:

Or, the OSB with the red factory over-spray should have been discarded…:cool:

Or, its a repair already made, not one that needs to be done…:shock:

Or, …ahh… F-it…just let Kevin answer it…:stuck_out_tongue:

Keeeeeeeeevinnnnnnnnn, where are youuuuuuuuuuuu?

Don’t hold your breath. He tends to disappear when cornered and put on the spot! :neutral:

Give him time. He’s probably looking through the codes that are not really codes books(s). :stuck_out_tongue:

Fine, since Kevin has gone home I will budge. When the piggyback trusses were installed they ran 2x4’s only not thru the center.

The end result caused many of the small trusses to bow outwards in one direction or the other along the botom leaving the two sections spread apart.
I personally had never seen this one before. One or two I could ignore but there were many.

Its the only conclusion I could come up with so I figured it needed fixin. A couple were bowed significantly. I tired taking some photos but attic pics are just hard to get.
I you look(hard enough) at the photos you can see the seperation.

Sean the reason I did not answer is I was watching the Hockey game. We had a discussion already on the piggyback trusses. Guess who new the answer on that one.
MARCEL.
It is missing clear attachment to the framing and far as the spread this could not be observed in your picture.
Jaun wins because they are missing gusset plates or clear plywood attachment.
I don’t believe they should have left the runners either.
I will let Marcel explain further.

Since Marcel is celebrating the LA Kings victory here is the other thread along with the pdf.

The bowing is a problem, but it’s not very clear in the initial photo. The runners are a non-issue in my book unless they interfere with proper placement or alignment of the trusses.

I don’t see any missing connectors, but I still say there’s a missing web-member notable in your first photo.

Good catch on the bowing Sean.

Here’s a tip for improving your attic shots.

Get a camera with a more powerful flash or use a spot light to light the scene.

Micheal he like working in the dark, typical he hangs upside down taking those pictures , You can find at any time in the rafters lol

After an article raising concerns about the performance about MPC piggyback wood trusses, appeared in
the March 1998 Journal of Light Construction, TPI conducted a preliminary telephone survey of a limited
number of forensic investigators and truss incidents to determine whether it could reach a conclusion
whether there was a problem or potential problem with buildings containing piggyback trusses and, if so,
the magnitude of the problem. TPI has not been able to conclude, as the author suggests, that piggyback
truss assemblies are in imminent danger of collapse due to "incomplete bracing of the piggyback system”.
To the contrary, it would appear that the number of incidences of piggyback trussed roofs experiencing
performance problems are de minimus when compared with the hundreds of thousands of piggyback
trusses sold, manufactured and erected in the U.S. each year. Further, it is impossible based on available
data to attribute any performance problem solely to one specific cause, such as the lack of diagonal
bracing, installing trusses out of plumb, installing damaged trusses, inadequate anchorage of continuous
lateral bracing, inadequate anchorage of trusses, inadequate fastening of the diaphragm to the pitched
portion of the truss, etc.

That document also suggests that the “runners” are actually a required component. It appears they should have been placed in a position that would reduce or eliminate the bowing imposed by the supported truss.

Correct.
Marcel must still be celebrating. LOL