Urgent Need for Structural Engineer

Hello, All. I am trying to close on a home in Sugar Land that needs an okay from a licensed engineer as soon as possible. Please let me know if anyone can help me.

Thank you in advance for your time.

April Takushi

April,

Not an Engineer (that I know of) but a great Inspector, give John a call. He is in your area, and will probably know of a reputable Engineer that can help you. Tell him the InterNachi MB referred you!

http://www.texasinspectors.net/index.htm

BTW… you did have a Home Inspection performed, right? :wink:

Is this for a manufactured home? The bank may be looking for a foundation / tie down certification and need the official stamp…

Oh WOW! This is neat! THANK YOU for responding! To answer the questions:

1. Yes, it has been inspected. Actually, a foundation company has given me a quote as well. My Appraiser just wants the report of a licensed engineer to confirm that the work is not an “immediate” need and that it does not necessarily need to be done prior to Closing (though I recognize that it will need to be done). Almost the entire home looks great and/or has had foundation repair except for one small area in the back corner on the home. I am looking for the opportunity to go ahead and close and address the issues soon thereafter. With the conditions in Houston being what they have been, it is unlikely that I am going to be able to get the work done anytime before Closing since everyone is swamped. Closing is supposed to be 9/6.

2. No, it is not a manufactured home, just a plain ol’ single family home.

Thank you again and I will try to contact John.