Weird stuff under mobile home

Found this under today’s manufactured home inspection. Not ever having been able to participate in the setting up of mobile homes, I am assuming the engineered joist and wood pier had something to do with leveling? They certainly were not holding anything up, not that they would be able to, but there were loose shims under the joist and no more than a few fractions of inch between. The actual foundation was metal posts at the perimeter, seen in pic two. Can anyone enlighten me in case I ever see this again?

New to me, Erik. I’ve never seen something like that under a manufactured home. Anything holding the engineered joists from domino-ing in a strong wind beside that X-bracing or top or bottom connection of the engineered joists.?

Even a small moose could knock it off the supports

The I joist was not holding anything up, here is another pic of the real foundation and X bracing that went from side to side. The only thing I can think of was that it was used in some way to measure the height and level when they were setting it up. A single I joist by itself could only support a few hundred pounds at best, there were several all about in the middle and about 8 feet long. The home itself appeared to be structural sound.

I think those are c channels for the underbelly and frame

X bracing was angle iron, fastened to steel pipe foundation columns at ground level and the bottom of the mobile frame.

I am wondering if this was added for additional support below the laundry room to help reduce washer/dryer bounce, or heavy furniture (water bed or piano). I’ve seen all kinds of additional supports added for bouncy, squeaky or damaged flooring.

The X bracing looks similar to an earthquake supports.

[quote=“growden, post:7, topic:127023”]

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][size=]I am wondering if this was added for additional support below the laundry room to help reduce washer/dryer bounce, or heavy furniture (water bed or piano). I’ve seen all kinds of additional supports added for bouncy, squeaky or damaged flooring.
/QUOTE]

That actually makes sense, there were other manufacturer quality control issues with the unit.[/size]