Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Inspection Education & Training This is a forum for inspectors to discuss their educational experience, the InterNACHI School, and to ask questions of InterNACHI's Education Committee.
This forum is dedicated to the memory of InterNACHI member and educator Gerry Beaumont. Gerry was an avid proponent of education for inspectors and will be sorely missed.

Old 3/31/06, 12:38 AM
Active Poster

Please Note: rmyers1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: For State Educational Administrators / Representatives Only

Education comes in many forms.

One of the most overlooked forms, is explaining NACHI benefits to the membership.

Russ Spriggs is now traveling the United States, for NACHI, to assist in this endeavor.

He can't do it alone.

One of the best and most important new benefits which we feel should be brought to the attention of the membership, is the recent announcement by NACHI, as posted in the "Whats New" section of the Board, entitled, NACHI to publish another newspaper, by Mr. Nick Gromicko.

The newspaper "Welcome Home" can be published, in any quantity, tailored to fit the requirements of your specific region, and shipped, in a matter of days.

Anything informative, the membership would choose to put into the publication, including information about themselves ( free advertising ), can be used.

Imagine the possibilities. Your Own Newspaper !!

Chapters who need funds can sell ads to vendors, realtors, developers, ect, and KEEP THE REVENUE.

I feel we should really make an effort to promote this to the membership.

Let's make sure all the Chapter Presidents are aware of the program.

Personally, I am near completion of an additional 12 pages, in addition to the 4 that Nick has already completed for us. When finished will order 5000 copies. FREE

Additionally, our Chapter will probably be looking at ordering several more thousand, revenue bearing, issues.

If you may have any questions, after reading about the program, please contact me.

As you can tell, I'm very excited about this offer.

Thanks

Russ
Old 3/31/06, 3:52 AM
InterNACHI Member

Russell I think this is an awesome concept, In order to test the waters as far as selling ads within,and having something to show prospects, would it be possible to get a sample , or a copy of one from another area that is done, it is hard to sell something people don't physically see or touch.

"If God was one of us, would he recommend a detailed analysis by a structural engineer for the world?"

Michael S. Saxton
http://www.duluthhomeinspections.com
Old 3/31/06, 6:44 AM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers1
Education comes in many forms.

One of the most overlooked forms, is explaining NACHI benefits to the membership.

Russ Spriggs is now traveling the United States, for NACHI, to assist in this endeavor.

He can't do it alone.

One of the best and most important new benefits which we feel should be brought to the attention of the membership, is the recent announcement by NACHI, as posted in the "Whats New" section of the Board, entitled, NACHI to publish another newspaper, by Mr. Nick Gromicko.

The newspaper "Welcome Home" can be published, in any quantity, tailored to fit the requirements of your specific region, and shipped, in a matter of days.

Anything informative, the membership would choose to put into the publication, including information about themselves ( free advertising ), can be used.

Imagine the possibilities. Your Own Newspaper !!

Chapters who need funds can sell ads to vendors, realtors, developers, ect, and KEEP THE REVENUE.

I feel we should really make an effort to promote this to the membership.

Let's make sure all the Chapter Presidents are aware of the program.

Personally, I am near completion of an additional 12 pages, in addition to the 4 that Nick has already completed for us. When finished will order 5000 copies. FREE

Additionally, our Chapter will probably be looking at ordering several more thousand, revenue bearing, issues.

If you may have any questions, after reading about the program, please contact me.

As you can tell, I'm very excited about this offer.

Thanks

Russ
Russ:

Which Chapters have already participated in this program?

Joe Hagarty
Email : mrdryervent@gmail.com

Cell 720-618-0256

InterNACHI
Boulder, Colorado

Co-Founder NACHI (2000)
National President / NACHI (2003-2004)
NACHI Education Committee Member
Certified CMI Master Inspector Instructor
PA NACHI Certified Inspector # 01102902
PA Licensed Radon Inspector # 2080
PA Licensed Pesticide Applicator # 700884
Delaware Licensed Home Inspector # H4-071
Old 3/31/06, 1:30 PM
Active Poster

Please Note: rmyers1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

There are four pages already set to go. Other information relative to the issue is also posted on the link.

I'm not sure how many Chapters or individuals have taken advantage of this offer. I know when it first came out, several person put their name on a list to get the materials.

Maybe Nick can help us out here.
Old 3/31/06, 2:59 PM
Active Poster

Lets all welcome Tom Valosin to our group. Tom will be representing New York.

Tom Valosin askusconsulting@midtel.net
Old 4/1/06, 5:20 PM
Active Poster

As we all know, there are many members who do not frequent the NACHI Message Board, and therefore, miss several important messages which could be of benefit to them.

If you would like to have direct communication with the members of your State, prepare your statements or letters, send them to www.fastreply@nachi.org . Request your message be mailed to those persons within your State.

Remembering, first contact is always through the local Chapter Presidents.
Old 4/2/06, 10:01 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Welcome Tom!

Carla
Old 4/2/06, 6:22 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Just checking in for the first time. In addition to this forum, should anyone wish to reach me, my office # rings at home. (Office is a the attached garage, remodeled) All 518 area code. 827 4852(O) 827 4800(H) 231 1508(C) and 827 4883(F) I am also VP of New York Capital Ragion Chapter of NACHI.
Company is ASKUS Consulting Services LLC

Regards to all,

Tom Valosin
Old 4/2/06, 6:48 PM
New User

Please Note: dmead is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Hi everyone, first post on this thread.

I just received a couple of emails from Jason Sieg, he's starting up the new chapter here in Michigan. I think he you Russell the same emails. Here are his questions or request;
I would like to know what information you have that could help me out
with the forming if my new chapter?

with scheduling Free Training courses?

with scheduling Guest Speakers?
and this one; I want a FREE Septic Inspection Certification course!!!

Michigan - Macomb county requires a septic inspection in order to complete the closing of a house sale if there is a septic system.

Other counties will follow suit.
Any suggestion would be helpful and appreciated.
Old 4/3/06, 11:12 PM
Active Poster

I have spoken to Jason on the phone this night. we had a very lengthy discussion, as he had a lenghty list of questions.

I believe he has now received all the info he was seeking.

Last edited by rmyers1; 4/9/06 at 8:22 AM..
Old 4/4/06, 7:29 PM
New User

Please Note: dmead is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Thanks Russell.
Old 4/5/06, 12:32 AM
Active Poster

Jason;

Check the "Upcoming Events" link

2-Day Septic Inspection Certification

As this is a National firm making the presentation, may be a good lead for you
Old 4/5/06, 8:41 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Good Morning to All,

For your information and I wonder if I am the only one to encounter this reaction. Within a few hours of it being announced that I was appointed to SEA for New York, I received the following e-mail. I think the group should be aware of this exchange so we are all "reading the same paragraph".

"Greetings:

May I ask what your role is in NY State as it relates to New York State Schools that are recognized by NACHI and what your role as it relates to NACHI Approved Chapters

Our chapter is a separate legal entity as is NY NACHI and the Long Island Chapter, with recent filings.

Please advise. Much luck. I do not, however understand the role you will be involved in as how it will effect educators and chapters."

Sounds like some reasonable concerns and questions, along with some turf protection. This was my reply.

Hello (name),
The role has not been carved in stone by NACHI. Since each (licensing) state is in, or has, various CE requirement, it appears the exact "job" for each state rep will, of necessity, be varied.

As I see it at this time, I need to maintain communication with folks like yourself and each chapter leader in an effort to:
1. be aware of / become aware of educational needs
2. coordinate or help coordinate educational programs
3. develop such programs when needed
3a. work with NACHI Educational folks such as, but not limited to, Gerry, Will, etc
4. stay abreast of any future legislation under the licensing law regarding CE and if necessary advise "the powers that be" through consultation and / or lobbying efforts
5. assist in any way possible the education ("Professionalism") of NACHI Certified Inspectors
6. be a reference, source and "clearing house" for professional education of New York State NACHI Members.

On that note: I do not believe it is or ever was the intention of NACHI at the National Level to, no will I use or allow the position to, usurp the sovereignty of any NACHI Chapter or Educational Organization recognized by the DOE of New York State. I believe that establishment of State Educational Administrator position by NACHI is a good effort at being able to respond to the often unique educational needs of our members due to varying State Licensing, local and geographical requirements. Professional educators such as yourself, Chapter Presidents, NACHI National and I are a team in advancing the Professionalism and public perception of our occupation.

(Name), I hope that answers your queries and concerns. Please, do not hesitate to call me. This e-mail stuff is okay, but I think that sometimes the direct give and take of a simultaneous two way conversation is faster and more productive. With that in mind, the office is 518 827 4852.

Best regards,
Tom Valosin"

A phone call was received within the hour. His ruffled feathers seemed smoothed.

I am aware there is some underlying positioning going on with the gentleman. However, the gentlemen may also be expressing concerns unspoken by others in chapter leadership positions. I intend to contact each Chapter President in the State with a copy of the reply to this gentleman, using it as a "Mission Statement", provided my interpretation of the position as I presented it is correct.

Questions, comments or otherwise please.

Tom
Old 4/5/06, 10:17 AM
Active Poster

Your explanation, as it pertains to your State, is well written, and should be acceptable by all.

Many of you residing in States with professional Training Schools, especially those affiliated with NACHI, may receive some resistance to this program.

Free Education is, of course, perceived as a threat to their livelihood.

As an example; in Illinois, since we began providing Free NACHI Continuing Education, to licensed Home Inspectors, the Educational Vendors who have been capitalizing on this lucrative market, have been drastically reducing their fees.

Officers of other Home Inspection Associations have attended our functions, to view for themselves, and question, how NACHI can provide approved Continuing Education at little or no cost. I believe each were impressed.

Our membership continues to grow.

Expect some resistance, it's only natural
Old 4/6/06, 12:30 AM
Active Poster

National Association of Certified Home Inspectors

Jump to Menu Contact Us Home
FREE Educational Presentations for NACHI chapters/members.

If a designated chapter would like to offer a class, seminar or power point presentation to benefit the members in your Chapter area, you have come to the right post:

At present, I have 23 diferent outlines, power point presentations and internet streaming videos, which NACHI Chapters may desire to use in conjunction with their meetings. As I just did for 1 chapter, I can modify the presentation to allow it to meet the time requirements for the allocated time for the presentation.

Live speakers are always best and Russ Spriggs is traveling the country to benefit new and existing chapters. When a specfic speaker is not available, it is a great alternative for a NACHI meting with substance.

If you are a NACHI Chapter, send me an e-mail by going to
www.merrellinstitute.com

Let me know what topics would benefit your meeting, and our staff will go to work to help your presentation. We can also assist you with a presentation if you already have an idea in mind. Our staff can help you design your owne powerpoint presentation and we even have educational disks to develop Power Point Presenations which cost us under $ 30.00. A far cry from the hundreds you would normall pay for the product.

You can also download the Power Point Program to view an entire presenation and Microsoft gives that out free to anyone willing to download the product.

Send me an e-mail or write me a letter at:
Merrell Institute- Chapter Education Support (NACHI)
1461-16 Lakeland Ave
Bohemia, NY 11716

drmerrell@optonline.net
Much luck and success in your career goals. Permission is not needed other than being a chapter president who agrees to use the material exclusively for your chapter presentation.

Have a great day.

Bill Merrell- Merrell Institute

Popular Sections
Members-Only Login
Find an Inspector:Search NACHI.ORG...

All Sections

Popular
Membership
Education
Chapters & Members
Articles & Links

See Also: FindAnInspector.US
All content copyright © 1999-2006 the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors