Free 203K training

There has been a lot of interest in the HUD 203K program lately and there are courses out there that will help you become a consultant.

If anyone is interested I will teach a FREE class on the 203K, especially how to estimate properly.

If anyone ia interested let me know and I will give you the benefit of what you need to know, a copy of my accepted HUD 203K application and a review on the 3 software programs I have used with the pros and cons.

Free is the best way to start and if you feel the need you can always purchase the education from other service providers.

I can also tell you how many 203K loans are made in your area, for example if you live somewhere and your area has 3 consultants but only had 9 loans over the year that means 9 loans split among 3 consultants and you, the new guy has to steal that business.
For some of you buying the classes may be best but for most inspectors I think check out the territory first and then make your move.

Regardless, I am a good consultant and would gladly share what I know and then also for free you can join my linkedin group and access the library.

Pay it forward.

You the man, Paul. :smiley:

Sign me up Paul. You already showed me some stuff. I would love to learn everything your willing to teach.

What a great offer, Paul!

And remember sailing weather is coming soon. :slight_smile:

Lets see if Internachi is ok with this. What do you say Nick?

There are 2 people I know of that teach the 203K, one is 203K in a Box, the other is 203K online. I cannot endorse one over the other. I did the Mike Young class and bought his software. The Box people also have software. As far as I know both will get you started. Here is a You Tube video on the history of the program.
The purpose of my thread is not to have inspectors choose one 203K seller over another, its to teach inspectors enough to base their buying decision on what research they have done. Start out free and then decide if you want to invest in further education. Why spend money just to find out you may not earn income from the program?

https://youtu.be/7Pr46QG_cDo

Let me add, this is a volunteer effort on my part, I am not a 203K teacher and I will never ask anyone for money. I will help anyone but I will not be teaching a class as I am a working consultant. I picked up 3- 203K’s last week and that’s a good week for me. I never know how many times the phone will ring. I will show up as time allows. In the meantime watch the video.

Thanks Paul!!!

I can only do one forum so this is moved to Facebook. I’ll use that and Dropbox to share documents.

Inspector Brotherhood is where the 203K is going to be.

1 Like

Thanks Paul, I’m interested, BUT I haven’t been in business long enough. I am curious though and was wondering if maybe you have a couple answers to some questions. Can you start the training prior to your 3 year mark? What does the Pueblo, CO market look like, or Walsenburg, or Alamosa? FYI, what’s your average charge for one of these inspections?

The class is moved to the Facebook group “Inspector Brotherhood”

Yes you need 3 years and fees are from $400 to over $1000, if you’re fast you can do 5 or 6 of these a week on top of draw fees and inspections.

$4000 to $5000 for a week is doable. If you kill it you can easily make more.
I average 2-3 a week on top of inspections and the architectural consulting I do.

If I was younger I would try to do 5 or 6 a week.

Free from Paul scares the hell outta me.
What’s it gonna cost Roy…Yah’ know me?
I will bug you to near death…
I’m sure he will jack it up from free for me…aka Roy Lewis…Yep!

Let see his reply…

That’s a good question Roy as yes I do see you as different. Lemme think about it. Maybe we can have a special class for the more special inspectors.

God Bless Your Heart

Here is the link to the new group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1361802563879615/

Looks interesting, Paul! Thanks for putting this out there.

I would appreciate any information that you can help me with.

Paul’s free coffee rocks!!

I will help anyone with the 203K but by phone only. You can PM me and I’ll try to answer your questions. Using the forum was too slow. If I get a question I think will help everyone I’ll post it on this thread.

Very gracious Paul.

Paul …

Now that the kings of 203k like Garret Feis & Gary Smith have started retiring isn’t there a gal somewhere on the east coast that pushed by Mike Crow and ashie as the Queen of the Silver Dollar or something like that. They say she’s one of the TOP experts on 203k in the world and I’m told she also has a software program AND a video program you can buy AND a monthly web group you can get in on for only a couple grand or something.

Yes Dan, I am aware of the 203K in a box woman. I have helped some of her graduates to learn a better way to do the K.
Most of what she teaches can be learned for free and like many other things in life on the job training is best.
There are way too many consultants and not enough 203K loans. Most consultants do only one or two K’s a year. I talked to 7 or 8 of the 203K in a box graduates and they aren’t making money doing the K. Some have but I would guess a few at most. Buyer beware I would say.

Yes Dan, I am aware of the 203K in a box woman. I have helped some of her graduates to learn a better way to do the K.
Most of what she teaches can be learned for free and like many other things in life on the job training is best.
There are way too many consultants and not enough 203K loans. Most consultants do only one or two K’s a year. I talked to 7 or 8 of the 203K in a box graduates and they aren’t making money doing the K. Some have but I would guess a few at most. Buyer beware I would say.