Home Inspector Code of Ethics Course

This open, public forum thread is dedicated for students who are currently enrolled in the free, online Code of Ethics for Home Inspectors Course.

Be sure to log into this forum with your username and password at the top right corner of your browser.

On this forum, you may:

• write your essay;
  • read and study other students’ essays;
  • join in the conversation with other students; and
  • ask questions.

Click here to return to the course’s assignment slide.

Feel free to:

• scroll through the following posts, or
  • jump to the last post to submit your essay.
3 Likes

“The InterNACHI member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry”

Who is to blame if a deck should collapse when the CMI use the designated “rule of thumb” in the Deck Course - namely the bolt equation? If someone dies would this be “engaging in any practice that could be damaging to the public”?? If the HI relied on this to determine “too few bolts”, but was wrong???

2 Likes

Would someone ban this guy?
He is a sick puppy…Oh Yes!

Thanks Roy!!!
What about ones right to free speech Roy?
Is a safety concern not valid?

I have been in the construction field for 15 yrs, worked for myself for 10 of those years. I have lots of experience but realize I learn new things everyday.

2 Likes

I completed the 25 standards course and test yesterday. Taking the code of ethics shortly. I’m curious how much other training course are you taking before going out? I feel like I have a lot to learn to do a good inspection.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to cramming more info into my brain. Let’s do this.

Starting the course

getting started

fulfilling my requirements, lets do this!

1 Like

For sellers inspections, can someone explain how the report is provided online with out violating the clients right to privacy? My understanding, since I’m using home gauge. The client, provides the requester a username and password to view it. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thank you,

Stephen Rager

Hi. I own a mold remediation service. I joined interNACHI because you provide coursework for mold inspection services. Since joining, I have gained more knowledge about inspecting for mold, IAC2 standards and water intrusion services. Even though I have been doing mold remediation work for 5 years now, I can tell my customers have directly benefited from my new learning and competence.

I would like to offer home inspection services to my mold remediation service I already offer. My question is this, If I see that a client has a mold problem and I disclose my conflict of interest and DO NOT complete a home inspection, can I bid on the mold work? Will these actions keep me within ethical boundaries required of NACHI? Are there any other courses of action to consider? I make my living on mold remediation, but I would also like to do some home inspection work as well. What would be a good policy to keep, as I pursue this goal?

Thank you for your consideration,
John Ashton
Professional Mold Remediator
augustamoldcontrol@gmail.com

3 Likes

I’m active duty military and about to retire after 26+ years of service. I’m a AHIT graduate and working my way through the courses here. I’m going to honest though, the NC State exam is kicking my ___. If anyone near FT Bragg wants to help a guy out, please let me know!

-Dale

Statrting the course.

1 Like

I’m glad this section is part of the course. I just finished the exterior section and realized I must have skipped this one, which will be a nice break after completing exterior.

2 Likes

Im in the process of fulfilling my requirements of membership and am having difficulty navigating through the courses. I may be slow at it, but will figure it out. I look forward to learning and sharing with this association.

Taking the code of ethics course.:wink:

ready to do this

I am building and remodeling contractor with 24 years expierence. I have been doing home inspections part time for 2 years now and I am looking forward to retiring from the heavy work of construction.

Starting this section. Many more to go!