Hudson Valley Courses

We will be offering a 140 Hour Program in the Hudson Valley area starting April, 2006. Check out our web site at www.merrellinstitute.com for further details and pricing information for NACHI members. The new details should be posted on or about 2-15-06.

If you need the education, you will receive the agreed upon NACHI discount rate.

Much Luck and Success to NACHI Members!

We are submitting an approval for the new location to offer our NYS Approved courses in the Hudson Valley Region. Since we are already approved, the secondary location form is a formality with the State of NY, Dept. of State, Division of Licensing Services.

Those who need Module # 5 will also benefit from this location. If you have a home to have inspected, we can also place it on the list of homes and have it part of the Module. You will be paid for use of the home and it will benefit the 40 hour program at the same time.

Future information about any NY Educational offering will be at www.nynachi.org since it appears that some feel that the discounts to NACHI members is a form of direct advertising. Not to upset any members, nor the Education Committee, I will not post NACHI Educational discount offers here in the future. If an item is of direct importance, I will submit it to Colorado and request they post it in the what’s New section.

Bill

Is this a Member / Member post, or an advertisement for the Merrell Institute ?

Appears to be the latter.

Just being curious.

advertisement

Looks like smart marketing to me. Every member should take the opportunity to advertise themselves on this bb.

As everyone knows this bb is the most used in the Inspection Industry. It only makes sense to use it to your marketing advantage.

Good luck Bill. Go get em…

Yes John, he does show up as a member, by now he should be
listed as a vendor…

what’s up with that ??

Ispectors selling report, newsletters, websites, jackets, domain names, cds… I bet you can buy the 250 needed inspection reports to meet new state license requirements…anyone??

Do think they need a Vendor Id status not a NACHI Member…

Maybe there is more to be made here than actually doing inspections;-)

I guess Colorado didn’t like the idea of affiliate membership. Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for you. Wish I did.

I do know that the MAB’s recommendations were reviewed and strongly endorsed by both the President and myself. From there a complete letter and policy were forwarded to Colorado for implementation. Here is what was forwarded to Aimee and Nick. They did enact the Retired Membership.

The

National Association of

Certified Home Inspectors

POLICY AND PROCEDURES

NACHI MEMBERSHIP

Effective 1 November 2005

Types and Definitions:

• Home Inspectors:

[LIST]

• Working Members*:* Individuals that have completed the following are classified as “Working Members”
    [/LIST]

• Have either passed NACHI’s Online Inspector Examination; the National Home Inspector’s Examination, offered by The Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EPHI); or successful passing of a state mandated exam. Inspector further agrees to additionally successfully pass the NACHI Online Inspector Exam within the first year of membership and every year thereafter.

• Have completed NACHI’s Standards of Practice Quiz within the first 30 days of membership.

• Have completed and submitted NACHI’s Affidafit and application.

• Have completed NACHI’s Code of Ethics Quiz.

• Must agree to abide by NACHI’s Code of Ethics.

• Must agree to abide by NACHI’s Continuing Education Policy.

• Must agree to maintain their Online Education Log in accordance with NACHI’s Continuing Education Policy.

• Must agree to submit four (4) mock inspections if they have never performed or participated in a home inspection for a fee. Mock inspections shall be submitted to NACHI’s Report Review Committee before performing any home inspections for a fee.

• Must complete 24 hours of Continuing Education per year.

• Must agree that within their first 60 days after joining, to complete one of NACHI’s online Continuing Education Courses, including all the quizzes within and pass it’s final exam. (i.e. Roofing Course, Electrical Course, etc.).

• Must agree that within the first three (3) months of membership to obtain a NACHI Photo ID.

• Must agree to attend at least one NACHI Chapter meeting or NACHI Educational Seminar within the first two (2) years of membership (Exceptions may apply).

• Must be actively working towards attainment of “Full” Membership.

• “Working Members” have full voting rights within NACHI and NACHI Affiliate Chapters that they belong to.

• “Working Members” may not operate or hold office of President, Vice President, Director of Professional Development, Director, ***’t Director, Chairman, Vice Chairman, etc. within NACHI or affiliated NACHI Chapters. (Exceptions may apply).

• “Working Members” may participate within committees of both NACHI and NACHI Chapters.

• Working membership may be terminated at any time by majority concensus of the NACHI BOD, Executive Director, and President. Upon the termination of Membership” as determined by the NACHI BOD, Executive Director, and President, dues will be refunded as follows: Within 30 days of initial dues payment or renewal, full refund of $289.00. Within 30 days up to 4 months of initial dues payment or renewal, two-thirds of dues refund of $193.00. Within 4 months up to 8 months of initial dues payment or renewal, one-third of dues refund of $96.00. From 8 months to 12 months, no dues refund.

• Working memberships terminated by the individual are not refundable.

• Working memberships terminated because of violations of NACHI’s Code of Ethics are not refundable.

• Working memberships terminated by circumstances “beyond the control” of the full member (i.e. death, disablement, etc.) will be fully refunded no matter what the time limit. In case of death, NACHI shall make every effort to reimburse the “next of kin” the full $289.00. If no “next of kin” exists membership dues reimbursement shall be applied for in writing to NACHI.

• NACHI retains full “rights of approval/disapproval” of any applicant or working member renewals of dues. All disapprovals must be determined by consensus of the NACHI BOD, Executive Director,
    :****

[LIST]

• ***Full Members: ***Individuals that have completed the following are classified as “Full Members”
    [/LIST]

• Must have performed or participated in more than 100 fee paid full home inspections that are significantly in compliance with NACHI’s Standard’s of Practice (SOP’s). Partial or “Phase” Inspections, Appraisals, Four (4) Point Insurance Inspection’s, PARR or FEMA Inspection’s, or HUD Partial Inspections do not qualify at this time.

• 100 fee paid full home inspections must have been submitted and approved by NACHI’s Report Review Process.

• Must meet all the requirements of “Working Member”.

• Must complete 24 hours of Continuing Education per year.

• Must complete NACHI’s on-line exam once per year.

• Must remain current and up to date with all dues and fees and contact information.

• “Full Members” have full voting rights within NACHI and NACHI Affiliate Chapters.

• “Full Members” may operate or hold office of President, Vice President, Director of Professional Development, Director, ***’t Director, Chairman, Vice Chaiman, etc. within NACHI or Affiliated NACHI Chapters.

• “Full Members” may participate within committees of both NACHI and NACHI Chapters.

• Full membership may be terminated at any time by majority concensus of the NACHI BOD, Executive Director, and President. Upon the termination of Membership” as determined by the NACHI BOD, Executive Director, and President, dues will be refunded as follows: Within 30 days of initial dues payment or renewal, full refund of $289.00. Within 30 days up to 4 months of initial dues payment or renewal, two-thirds of dues refund of $193.00. Within 4 months up to 8 months of initial dues payment or renewal, one-third of dues refund of $96.00. From 8 months to 12 months, no dues refund.

• Full memberships terminated by the individual are not refundable.

• Full memberships terminated because of violations of NACHI’s Code of Ethics are not refundable.

• Full memberships terminated by circumstances “beyond the control” of the full member (i.e. death, disablement, etc.) will be fully refunded no matter what the time limit. In case of death, NACHI shall make every effort to reimburse the “next of kin” the full $289.00. If no “next of kin” exists membership dues reimbursement shall be applied for in writing to NACHI.

• NACHI retains full “rights of approval/disapproval” of any applicant or full member renewals of dues. All disapprovals must be determined by consensus of the NACHI BOD, Executive Director, and President. The NACHI Chief Operating Officer is responsible for the coordination and administration of refusals/disapprovals of membership applications/renewals.

• Dues for Full Members are set at $289.00/year. Complimentary/reduced membership fees may be afforded only by consensus of the NACHI BOD, Executive Director, and President.

• Affiliate Members:

• Available to Business’s/Individual’s of Business’s, Legislators, Real Estate Professional’s, etc. who offer Home Inspection related, programs, education, business systems, advertising opportunities, general information, etc…

• NACHI retains full “Right of approval/disapproval” of affiliate memberships at all times. Affiliate memberships may be terminated at any time by majority consensus of the NACHI BOD, Executive Director, and President. The NACHI Chief Operating Officer is fully responsible for administration, approval and collection of dues for Affiliate Memberships which are set at $289.00/year.

• Affiliate Membership dues are non-refundable

• Affiliate Members have no voting rights.

• Affiliate Members may not operate or participate within NACHI Committee’s, hold any office within NACHI, nor participate other than an Affiliate with NACHI Chapters.

• Affiliate Members can not run, operate, or establish NACHI Chapters.

• Retired Members:

• Available to Full Members of NACHI only, who were actively engaged as a dues paying member of NACHI for at least three consecutive years and have ceased all operations as a home inspector. Retired Members must have been current and up to date on their consecutive years with NACHI at the time of retirement status request.

• Full Members must apply in writing to NACHI for consideration as a Retired Member.

• Retired members are not charged dues.

• Retired members have full voting rights, and may hold office or operate a NACHI Chapter.

• Retired members must abide by NACHI’s Code of Ethic’s and may be removed by concensus of the BOD, Executive Director, and President for any violation of the NACHI Code of Ethics.

John Bowman
Executive Director

Thank You Mr. Bowman

Bill
Email me the details, I post it on NYNACHI website.

Pat Maietta
NYNACHI PRESIDENT

Thank you Pat:

I was told by Deanna and Nick to post any new courses here, especially those to aid NACHI members to obtain a License in NY State. I will not in the future if Education Committee doesn’t think it is of benefit to NACHI Members. I will forward all information to your site at www.NYNACHI.org in the future for NY State posting. Thanks!