Inspection Conference in Las Vegas on October 2-6, 2011.

EPA Lead-Safe RRP Certification course being provided by InterNACHI.

Coincidentally, I’m going to be in Vegas from 10/03 until 10/08 for a random vacation (I go to Vegas A LOT). I look forward to meeting everyone!!! \:D/

Wow. What a weird coincidence. Me too!

I’ll see you all there :wink:

casey o mally

Yep… and so the newer members don’t get confused… this is **not **an InterNachi Conference event. I have been waiting for one of those to happen for years.

We already host a few hundred inspection events a year: www.nachi.org/events.htm , many of which the chapters never tell us of.

Yes, you do, but not the big one you keep teasing us with every year! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wanna rephrase that?:shock:

If it is just pure training (not part party), our members would rather have it offered locally.

CaO has been doing the Vegas (part party/part training) event for as long as I can remember and now that the ASHI school is down the drain (along with ASHI), I don’t think we should compete with CaO’s event, we should support it. I’ll be there. Will you?

I promise, it will be plenty “InterNACHI.

What’s wrong with you Jeff? Did you miss the big poll about how the majority of members do not want a National convention.:mrgreen:

Will I be there to promote those two…hmmmmmmmmmm…what do you think?

Does anyone care?
Now stop the truck pooping, a proper grunt goes eggggggggh,not hmmmmmmmm.

Well, the question isn’t “Do you want the option?” The question is “Would you really attend?” A very small percentage said they would.

And just in case our poll numbers were off, we looked at the entire industry and noticed that there hasn’t been a 500+ inspector event since InterNACHI’s International Inspection Convention in Toronto. CaO’s last year was between 300-400. ASHI’s national conference in Atlanta bombed and had less attendees this than some of InterNACHI’s chapter meetings.

I’d love to hold another Toronto-sized convention but it isn’t up to me… it’s up to inspectors. And they’ve assured us, by their words and actions, that few are interested in attending.

What inspectors do assure us, by their words and actions, is that they want local training events. A year and a half to two years ago when I took the Inspector Success Seminars on the road, during a real estate recession… we packed every room, wall to wall.

I know this won’t happen, but any event in Maine sure would be nice. :slight_smile:

With the poor economy and loss of membership which if Illinois is any indication was cut in half it is understood .

Non the less I was backing up Jeff on the fact we are being told every year that a national convention is about to be announced.

My personal thought is times will remain tough as long as foreclosures and short sales dominate the market.

Flippers and those buying homes at huge discounts simply are not as prone to look for a Home Inspector.

It was great it was fun enjoyed every minute .
I was surprised at least 30 have said to me how sorry they are now they did not attend .
I have gone to 3 at least OAHI/CAHPI and three NACHI conferences .
No comparison NACHI are far superior and cost a huge amount less .
More information traded .
If you want to learn and there is no conference planned .
Then do as I have done .
Hold a mini training in your basement information traded , discussions and questions.
I have learned so much from other inspectors this way .
Try it all have enjoyed it .

Yep.

more KRaplan newby courses.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet can I pay through Escrow?

Michelle has a 3-day InterNACHI convention in Orlando coming up. Email her about it. Her last 2-day InterNACHI event a couple months ago drew 300. Many great speakers.

Like I said, there are lots of InterNACHI events out there to attend and many of them are big.