N.Y. Merrell Institute ?

Do NACHI members get a discount for enrolling in the 140 hour N.Y.S. approved inspection course given in Bohemia,N.Y.?

The cost for enrolling in Modules 1, 2, 3, and 4 is 1000 including all books and materials. (Individually Module 1, 2, 3, and 4 is currently 325 each and Module 5 is $ 895)The cost for Module # 5 for our students is $695. The schools approval status is under Appraisal Education Network School, at the Merrell Institute in sunny down town Bohemia, NY. Our New York State approval codes are P0011, P0012, P0013, P0014, and P0015. We have a planned increase in our tuition scheduled, but agreed to keep the price at the current level for the benefit of NACHI members who wish to participate in next months class. We also encourage those who enter our program to become NACHI members as well. We have literature available for students to read during breaks. Even our Licensed Home Inspector for Module # 5 is Len Ungar, the Long Island Chapter President of NACHI.

NACHI offfers a host of discounts throughout the country, including Low Cost E and O Insurance, etc.

If you have any questions regarding attending a specific program, please do not hesitate to contact the school. We have made a commitment to NACHI to offer th lowest Advertised price to NACHI members as an automatic price and include all books, manuals and exams as well. This way those who enroll will not have to pay added fees to buy books for each course.

In addition, if a NACHI member fails any module, we allow the person to retake that 1 module at the next scheduled course at no exra charge. That can potential save a person hundreds of dollars.

I would recommend if someone was able to find a state approved accelerated program which includes books, materials and finals that is less costly than our program to jump on it. Being that you are in Staten Island, I know of multiple schools on the approved list closer than ours to where you are located. The state maintains a list at the NYS, Dept. of State web site and updates the site weekly. We even link their site from our site.

Anyone with questions can contact the school directly either by phone or by e-mail. Our web site information is clearly posted in all our postings.

Bill, The reason for choosing Merrell Institute is the time frame. The schools closer to where I’m located on the State list will take longer than 3 months to complete. I am not to happy about travelling the 67 miles each way to get to Suffolk County but I’m hoping to complete the course asap for licensure. Thank you for responding so soon. I will call Thurs. morning for April 20th enrollment. Regards, Lou

I Look Forward To Hearing From You.

Bill

http://www.merrellinstitute.com/licensedhomeinspectionprogram.html

we now charge 1200 for Modules 1, 2, 3, and 4 and 1900 for all 5, in which we give out over $ 700 in materials during the class- Students seem to like this better than the alacarte type program.

Have a great Day and look forward to seeing new students and those who need New York State approved Home Inspection Continuing Education courses to meet state regs!