Question of the week 04/2416

**PLUMBUM THIS ** :mrgreen:

Rules:
All parts of the question must be answered in one post.
Editing your post will not be allowed.

First correct answer (as judged by the Award committee or Poster of the Question) wins.
The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file.
Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Questions True or False

Plumbing facts True or False
  1. The first plumbing pipes were run about 3000 years ago? T/F
  2. The flush toilet was invented by a man named John, that’s why the toilet is called a John? T/F
  3. The first Italian plumbers were the Mario Brothers? T/F
  4. Plumbum is a rash in the a s s area often gotten from a toilet seat? T/F
  5. President Nixon’s team of intelligence experts were referred to as “Plumbers”? T/F

T, t, f, f, t

f, f, f, f, t

Or… t f,f,f t

T
f
t
f
t

F, t, f, f, t

1. T
  2. F = Mr. Crapper is the man
  3. F
  4. F
  5. T

t
t
f
f
f

I think you got it David

Just got back and Brian is the winner,

1. The first plumbing pipes were run about 3000 years ago? T/ The Egyptians had copper and clay plumbing pipes 3000 years ago

2. The flush toilet was invented by a man named John, that’s why the toilet is called a John? T/ Sir John Harrington was a poet - an amateur and not very successful one! But his poetry was not why he would be remembered. Something much more ‘down to earth’ was to be his legacy.
    He invented the lavatory!

3. The first Italian plumbers were the Mario Brothers? F/ F

4. Plumbum is a rash in the a s s area often gotten from a toilet seat? F/ Plumbum is latin for lead, that’s where the name plumber comes from.

5. President Nixon’s team of intelligence experts were referred to as “Plumbers”? T/ Nixon’s secret spy guys who tried to keep among other things anything about the Vietnam war from “leaking” out.

Congratulations Brian … Glad for you

Awesome! I don’t know if I’m allowed to win though, I just won a few weeks ago.

I’ll try and make next weeks questions harder. But congratulations and your no plumbum either :mrgreen:

Good job Brian, now re-reading, Mr. Crapper did not invent the flush toilet.

The Egyptians had plumbing around 4,000 BC, that would be 6,016 years.

Nice!

I stand corrected 3000 BC and recently evidence was found going back over 4200 BC in the form of a barrel vault with water pipes coming in and going out.

Maybe even older depending on what source you find