Question of the Week 08/09/15

Here’s how it works:
Must be an interNACHI member to win.

The Awards Committee panel member posts a question in the Education and Training section, once per week at a random time on a random day.

All parts of the question must be answered in one post. You may not post more than once. The first(and only) post counts, get it right the first time.

Do not edit your posts as the Awards Committee can see that time stamp in the edited post…it just makes our sorting it out more cumbersome.

First correct answer (as judged by the question poster, and the award committee) wins. The lucky winner gets one case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to you. Courtesy of Nick G. Your prize will be shipped to the address on file.

This is a two part question.

What is the minimum thickness for a concrete slab on grade for residential and how thick should the base be that it is poured upon?

Good luck.

I’ll have a guess. 3.5" & 12"…

4" slab on 6" of base

It’s 3.5" for slab thickness, and 4" minimum of base.

And we have a winner.

Congratulations Brad.

What is the minimum thickness for a concrete slab on grade for residential and how thick should the base be that it is poured upon?

Ans; 3.5" R506.1 and 4" R506.2.2

Didn’t recall the base thickness until I looked it up. We build on 30 or 40 feet of sand down here.:cool:

The last time I lived in St. Cloud many moons ago, the lake would overflow and run down the streets every time you had a down pour. :wink:

I had a code check book staring at me when I guessed my answer, I opened it up and there was the correct answer staring at me. What a tool I am, mad as hell now.

Give it another shot next week Derek. :slight_smile:

Congratulations, Brad! :slight_smile:

sent in Brad T.

as far as a limit, seems it can be taxing enough to track it…lets see how it continues to play out IMO.