Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Inspection Education & Training This is a forum for inspectors to discuss their educational experience, the InterNACHI School, and to ask questions of InterNACHI's Education Committee.
This forum is dedicated to the memory of InterNACHI member and educator Gerry Beaumont. Gerry was an avid proponent of education for inspectors and will be sorely missed.

Old 2/19/19, 8:33 PM
InterNACHI Applicant

Smile Questions about getting started with training

Hey All,

I've starting going through the Nachi training, so far so good. There is a ton of small specifics and I've only completed roofing and part of electric so far. My fear is that I'm sort of reaching information overload especially after I get to the end of all the courses and that's it's going to be difficult to remember exact numbers of wire gauges, types of flashing etc.

As a programmer I understand the level of effort to learn new technical things but I can't help but wonder how others are feeling, I'm sure I'm not alone.

- For those of you who have completed the training and become inspectors, what tools or methods did you use to make sure you are covering all the information well?

- How much of this information in the training comes up during inspections? Are the inspections higher level (less specific) than the training?

- How long did it take you to train and become an inspector?

Thanks!

Tags
training, information, inspections, completed, level