Question of The Week 3/11/18

Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week !

Questions of the week:

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

THANKS for being here and good luck!

Questions;

1.Concrete, brick, or tile walls are considered ________, as applied to working space requirements.

a. inconsequential
b. in the way
c. grounded
d. none of the above
2. Where direct-burial conductors and cables emerge from grade, they shall be protected by enclosures or raceways to a point of at least __________above finished grade.**

a. 3 ft
b. 6 ft
c. 8 ft
d. 10 ft

3. A motor for general use shall be marked with a time rating of _________.

a. continuous
b. 5 or 15 minutes
c. 30 or 60 minutes
d. Any of the above.

4. In one-and-two-family dwellings, the grounding electrode conductor for CATV shall be as short as practicable, not to exceed_____in length.

a. 5 ft
b. 8 ft
c. 10 ft
d. 20 ft

**5. Conductors smaller than 8 AWG for open wiring on insulators shall be supported within ________ of a tap or splice. **

a. 6 in.
b. 8 in.
c. 10 in.
d. 12 in.

C
c
d
d
a

B
c
d
b
a

Congratulations Roy, you win.
That sure did not take you long.

All questions came from EC&M.
Did you have a copy in front of you Roy? :wink:

I am impressed big time with the questions Thanks Guys .

WOW some are great in getting the answerer well done too all.

Congratulation, Roy!

Congrats Roy!

Way to go Roy!

Thanks everyone…
Just lucky I guess…:wink:

Thanks, learned something new today.

Wow. Great quiz. Have to start looking at the section more often.

To bad. I passed by before, but because 1 awards committee member posted the question, I have not returned until now because Marcel posted the question and I couldn’t help myself from taking a look.

Great electrical questions. Mike Holt is the king.

Go back to your paranoid hole & STOP your CRAP!

If you take 2 minutes, to consider what was written, and the subject matter, then interchange the individuals, whom is being paranoid, and sturing/steering crap?

Mellow Marc. …Hmm? I think not.:frowning:

**YOU are an idiot trouble maker with a hacked account.
Do EVERYONE a favor a GO AWAY NOW!

Go work on your reviews

Very unprofessional. Report riddled with errors

Robert is impolite, rude and aggressive. He is not there for helping you

The service you provided us was unprofessional. You insulted us with unprofessional words

he is unprofessional and is willing to lie so I believe he is corrup

Very disappointing and unprofessional

I won this QOTW ! So! Everyone get off my winning thread!.. LOL! :D:p

Excellent idea Roy!.. good luck :frowning:

Marc!
What happened to this weeks QOTW?

Picking a Day of the Week at random.

There’s a BIG distinguished, respected member surprise coming. :smiley: ,:mrgreen:

Oh! No! The suspense is killin’ me! :stuck_out_tongue: