Question of The Week 6/11/17

Good afternoon all, and welcome to another round of Question of The Week.

Questions of the week;

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Questions:
**1. The most commonly used retarder in cement is;
a) gypsum
b) calcium chloride
c) calcium carbonate
d) none of the above

2. Typically, a 2 hour fire wall needs a Type A (1 1/2 hour) fire rated door, and a 1 hour wall needs a Type B (3/4 hour) fire rated door. T/F

**3. To prevent caulk joint failure, the joint should be designed so that the depth of the sealant is 1/2 the joint width and never more than 1:1 at mean temperature nor deeper than 3/4 of an inch. T/F

1. Fire extinguishing balls are coming back to fight fires. T/F**

A,F,F,T

A
T
T
T…
How do you know a fire extinguisher is male or female?
Which one has balls?

I have reservation again with a couple of these questions…:smiley:
Nice questions!

b,a,t,t

Loser! :smiley:

LOL i know I was letting you win

How ever

Psst Roy try lol
a,a,f,t

A
t
f
t

And not surprisingly, John Olson wins again.
Congratulations John.
You know the drill on how to get your books. :slight_smile:

John, this is a record of your winnings for this year;

1/22/17 John Olson
2/19/17 John Olson
3/12/17 John Olson
3/26/17 John Olson
5/14/17 John Olson
6/11/17 John Olson

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

Congratulations on maxing out the allowed wins per the criteria. :slight_smile:

Those were great trick questions. FYI I give some of the books out to my NeighborWorks to give out at their home buyer seminars. Great organization if anyone is looking for a place to volunteer. Thanks, I will still do the contest at home I enjoy the learning process. Thanks for doing this Marcel and Paul. Can’t wait 'til 2018

Very nice John, and maybe you could elaborate on that organization as to what they are and what they do.

NeighborWorks is an organization that helps people to buy a house. It is not a handout the people must attend classes to qualify. It is a good organization to get people back on their feet. They have home maintenance classes, repairs, how to save money for a down payent etc. Here is a link to our local NeighborWorks. http://nwgreenbay.org/home-ownership/ Thank again Marcel for doing this you never know who it may help.

Sounds like an organization I worked for before, (Habitate for Humanity).
Cool.

Yes they work hand in hand with them. it is a great organization. As the old saying said “It’s not a handout it’s a hand”