Question of The Week 7/23/17

Good afternoon all, and welcome to another round of Question of The Week.

Questions of the week;

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Questions:

**1. Measuring luminous intensity **

2. What we commonly call “algae” is actually not algae. T/F

**3. The radial splits which are wider on the outside of the log and narrower towards the pith are known as ;
a. heart shakes
b. cupshakes
c. starshakes
c. rindgalls

4. A first class brick when immersed in cold water for 24 hours should not absorb water more than ;
a. 15%
b. 20%
c. 22%
d. 25%

I don’t really understand #1 question,…
1 SI
2 T
3 c
4b

1-is a measure of the wavelength-weighted power emitted by a light source in a particular direction per unit solid angle, based on the luminosity function.
2-t
3-c
4-b

Light meter
T
A
B

What is a light meter Alexis?? :lol: for 20 books:lol:

OK! I think I get it now…NOT!

When you at the mall and one nice lookin’ bitc*h has the most luscious cameltoe in the mall! That is Measuring luminous intensity!
Am I correct ? Damn!:smiley:

Not quite Roy.

Fine. However why not may I ask. Do you ever go to the mall? LOL
I’m sorry! I can’t stop laughing at my answer laughing at my own jokes.

LOL!

Sounds like Roy is amused by his mental image in a Mall somewhere.
Hope she is under 300#. :mrgreen:

Fat girls need Lovin too! What’s the matter you freaking Yankees?
Number one was a stupid question if you want to call it that. It didn’t have a period or question mark at end of it.
Isn’t this the questions of the week?

I tried looking up your phone number to give you a call but it appears you don’t have one. I’m retired to that doesn’t mean you don’t have a phone number where someone can get in contact you with

Roy, put a question mark or a period, whatever works for you.
What is the other word for question one.?
What are they measuring.

Last time you called my questions stupid, you won. :wink:

And I wom this one and you know it. I’m going to give the books away anyway

However I’ve read number one over and over again and I still don’t know what you want?

They… whoever they are. Are measuring SI.

1: A LUX Meter
2: T
3: C
4: B

Well with #1 out of the picture for now, there is still no winner.

Since #1 is confusing, I will allow anyone to answer 2,3,and 4 questions correctly.

1. F
  2. C
  3. B

t
a
a