Question of The Week 8/6/17

Good afternoon all, and welcome to another round of Question of The Week.
I apologize for last weeks confusion and it stays as a no winner week. I cannot defend the answers and no one got it right.

Questions of the week;

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Questions:

1. Thomas Edison was awarded a patent for what he called an electric conductor in 1892. This conductor consisted of 2 layers and was waterproof and fireproof. T/F

2. Armored cable (AC) was first listed in 1898 for the Sprague Electric Co. of New York. T/F

3. AC cable was invented by Thomas Greenfield and eventually called BX Cable. T/F

4. In 1756, the British engineer John Smeaton made the first modern concrete (Portland cement) by adding pebbles as a coarse aggregate and mixing powdered brick into the cement. T/F

t,f,t,t

1f
2f
3t
4t

If I win the books will be given to the member that has no books. I have way more than I need. And every member needs to give these out at their inspection.
Thanks everyone that provides this as it is a great benefit to us.

Well I’ve got books - I do love to give them away and could always use some more. But, depending on the outcome of what constitutes “layers” (judges decision is final - no griping here) - you’ll have to give your books to another member my friend.

Thank you sir I appreciate your etiquette.
It’s all about giving not taking.
You are rare on this forum. That’s a good thing.

It’s a good thing I’m rare? lol - I think I know what you mean though.

I’ve gotten great input from a LOT of members and, more rarely, razzed by a few that like the sound of their fingers clacking on their keyboard. This is a great place to come and learn just by lurking, and help out someone when you can.:smiley:

Take many things with a grain of salt. And other things eat like you just killed it. And then you will always be successful.
I come across most of the time like a hard-*** but I’m not. All of my granddaughter’s I don’t know how many of there are now would tell you so. God bless brother prosperity to you.
If you don’t give you’re a taker. And takers never become successful.
If you haven’t heard about it already. It’s called The Law of reciprocity look it up.
Okay? I haven’t had to work in over 30 years. Because I am a giver.
Anymore since I retired I’m nothing more than a teacher

F
f
f
f

What!

What!
Is your keyboard stuck on F?

Well I was driving and that is what I thought without doing any google searches. :wink:

Oh! So you are one of them that has to do a google search to find the correct answers…
OK! I guess that will work.:D:cool:

It has worked out fine for me many times in the last few years without doing google searches.

So! that is how you have been winning all these books…Huh?

Mr. Fetty wins again.
Congratulations Dave.
You know the drill to get your books. :slight_smile:

LOL! Congrats Dave.

Yep! :lol::wink: I hate g00jle:cool:

Thanks Marcel, good questions.;)Thank you Nick, Paul, staff and anyone else involved in QOTW!

Been wanting to see the Edison Museum in Ft. Myers for several years now. Edison’s first bulb is still operable… last I knew. There are a TON of other inventions that Edison had that are much less known as I understand.
In the spirit of giving per Mr. Lewis (despite him busting my gonads on this thread :lol:)… I will defer the winnings to the first person to answer these questions correctly:

1. Where was the first concrete street in the USA?
  2. Where is the highest point (elevation) in Ohio?
  3. Where is the lowest point (elevation) in Franklin County OH?
  4. What is the largest species of catfish which one may encounter on the Scioto River Ohio?
    No g00gle allowed:lol: :wink:

Court Avenue downtown Bellefontaine, Ohio. My gramma told me.
Campbell Hill is. My granpaw told me.
Scotio river is, where it leaves the county. My granpaw’s girlfriend told me.
And that’d be the Blue catfish. I know, cause I caught it.