Question of The Week 9/3/17

Welcome to another round of Question of The Week

Questions of the week;

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Questions:

1. As little 1/8 to 1/4 inch buildup is needed to cause a significant creosote chimney fire. T/F

2. Assuming stable fuel, heat, and oxygen levels, a typical house fire will double in size every _______ minutes

1. 10 minutes
  2. 5 minutes
  3. two minutes
  4. one minute
  1. Per NFPA in 2015, there were 1,345,500 fires reported in the United States. These fires caused 3,280 civilian deaths, 15,700 civilian injuries, and $1.3 billion in property damage. T/F

2. The 1970’s Saturday Night Live skit featured “The Coneheads” from the planet Remulak.
    The Conehead Termite was first discovered in Dania Beach, FL in 2001.
    Their satellite nests can reach the size of a watermelon in just six months.
    T/F**

T
t
t

t,4,f,t

Steve got it, but…
T
T
T

Steve got it, but…
T
T
T

I hope I got it - I found that there was $14.3 billion in property loss, not $1.3 billion. A lot of details, and just how big IS a watermelon? lol

I don’t know why it did a double post.

I hope you don’t clean your shotguns like you post! BLAM!

Don’t give hints…

Congratulations Steve Nadeau for winning this weeks QOTW.
Follow the directions to obtain your books. :slight_smile:

Congrats Steve!

Thank you! My Gramma thanks you, my Granpaw thanks you, and my Granpaw’s girlfriend thanks you!

true
1 minute
true
true

**YEA congrats Steve ~ good job! ** :smiley: