Questions of the week 01/08/17

Questions of the week 01/08/17

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

The questions:

1. When a grounding ring is used as grounding electrode, it shall be buried at a depth below the earth’s surface of not less than___.

a.18in
b.24in
c. 30in
d. Equivalent ground rod depth.

1. The load for an electric clothes dryer in a dwelling unit shall be _______ watts or the nameplate rating, whichever is higher.

a. 1500W
b. 3000W
c. 5000W
d. 7500W

1. More accidents such as arc flash occur with 480V equipment rather than on higher voltage equipment. T/ F

2. Which of these materials conduct electricity?

a. Carbon
b. Lemon juice
c. Clay brick
d. Banana

c,c,t,a

C
d
t
a

Last question can have more than one answer.

Yea maybe it should be worded a little different.

A,B,T,B

For example.

You already elaborated :wink:

C
c
t
d

c,c,t, carbon is a conductor in an amorphous state but not in a crystalline state (trick question) also conductive is lemon juice, and the banana.

**Congratulations Brian. **you are correct.

Be careful if eating a banana around an electrical service!

Congrats Brian.

4 would have been better asked “which does not” Multiple answers is a tough when not informed that there are. At least the first responders should have the same hint about the answer. Congrats Brian…

I’m still learning. I’ll try a different approach next time.

Thanks for doing it. It is fun to learn.

Your welcome.

QOTW has been a challenge.
Find the questions.
Be able to reference a reliable source.
Structure questions to be interesting without being too easy.

Ya win some and ya lose some and like everything else I have done in my life I seem to get better with practice but make enough mistakes to not take it lightly.

QOTW is a work in progress.

I love playing. I always learn something from QOTW.

Thanks for your time Paul.

Why is QOTW dated 01/08/17 and you didn’t post it until the 12th?

It was for the week of the 8th.