Questions of the week of 01/29/17

Questions of the week of 01/29/17

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

The questions:

1. In the event of a fire which truss connection works best.**

a. Lag bolted divergent plates
b. Lag bolted stanchion plates
c. Pinned 16 gauge metal plates
d. Nailed ½” plywood plates
2. The AITC (The American Institute of Timber Construction) has one focus. The maintenance of standards for all heavy timber building trusses?** T/ F
3. The modern engineered roof truss is a German invention?** T/ F

4. A Fink truss on a hip roof is stronger than the same truss on a gable roof? T/ F

Good luck inspectors :wink:

C
f
f
t

C
f
f
f

I think JJ got it so I’m changed one of my answers…
C
F
F
T (Changed)

d,f,f,t

Copy cat:mrgreen::stuck_out_tongue: I hope you’re right.

Good questions Paul. :slight_smile:

B,T,T,F

Thanks Paul for the questions. Learned something today.

What did you learn?

Bump this set for another week.

No one got it right so try again.

C
t
F
F

A
f
f
t

D
f
f
f

D, f, f, f. I am with Roy

Congratulations Roy, first with all the correct answers!

1. (d) Plywood lasts longer in all fire tests. Pinned plates fail quickest. Other 2 answers I made up.

2. (F) The AITC’s main focus is engineered lumber.

3. (F) Trusses were invented by an American in Florida: The modern roof truss—the metal plate connected engineered wood truss—was invented and patented in the then-small town of Pompano Beach, Florida in 1952 by Carroll Sanford.

4. (F) A Fink truss would have the same load bearing capabilities on any roof.

Cool!
Eat your heart out Mr. Fetty!:D:D:cool:

I’m still waiting for the books from when I won last November?

Contact the Internachi Lost and Found department.

lostbooks@gmail.com

And I’m still waiting for the books from when I won last December and January…I emailed April but got not reply.