Questions of the week 1-6-18

**Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week !

Questions of the week:

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Good luck & HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! :slight_smile:

1. _____ _____ are prolonged rises in voltage significantly above the designated level in the flow of electricity

2. The most common and dangerous type of ladder misuse is _____ _____
    Ladders should extend a minimum of _____ feet over the roofline

3. More than 20% of the gas used in the United States is wasted by _____ _____

4. If the water heater circuit breaker is in a panel within sight, another disconnect is not necessary
    True or False

EXTRA CREDIT!
*If this is answered correctly along with the others, the winner will get
a soon to be famous “INachi Inspectorsaurus T-Shirt”.
Designed by MG, approved by Nick Gromicko.
**If you already have one, either say “pass” or re-gifting is allowed. :slight_smile:

https://rendering.documents.cimpress.io/v1/vp/preview?instructions=QSH_JgVgaIsAABRFgAAGRmwMValEmO4AomwAAFBU4YloQHhW2BJl7aHR0cHM6Ly91cGxvYWRzLmRvY3VtZW50cy5jaW1wcmVzcy5pby92MS91cGxvYWRzLzE1Mzk5ODA2MTZ%24MTEwL3ByZXZpZXc_dGVuYW50PXZidSZ1cGxvYWRUb2tlbj0xNTM5OTgwNjE2LTZlMDQ0MTAyZmEtZTYyZTA0FE8nuWDnq80IE8wjT5sCwK2n8AAABP4AAAKEmAABRKgwALAsCtqBfH_aUC%24P%242hVZSIKooM7peRsgyBsmQNDD0HAAADAo8pLBSYyglJtPcUmdDZFJRRJRSTUXQUm9HLFJlSDpSa0nwUm1LIlJJTKxScU38UmtPMFJxUGJSbVGVaFoWhaFgWBW0_gAAAJ_AAABQhA5CaJeLKNYFgVtP8Wo4Cf4tRwFUUGWkAC2QZA2TIGhp6DgAABgUqBRYpTJWClRmbKRGhGSlWoYEpU6H2KUiidilOovwpEaN%24KVej5ilSpFcpVaTVKRGlSClWpbEpUqYlKVWmpCkRpxcpSKd_KVaoBSjKh6KSSpOilGqlIpVarNKUirQClEq8YpV6xMKVisvSlVrTopSK2tKVqumylLrz8pUq_KKUaxCwKVKxErKVCxGqKVOxJkKVixLkKU%24xNhKVaxOjKUyxQYKVmxRbKUixTQKU%24xVWKVyxWYKUixaEKVuxcLKUSxeYKVCxgeKUyxjYKVGxkbKUixmZKVaxofKPsalClWsbZClGsb2SlVscVClYscyClXsdRClMsdtSlRsd%24SlMsedildseuilIsfOylWsfwSibIJ4pRLIaMpUbIigpRLIqYpT7IyspXLI20pXbI_IpSLJHMpVrJPkpSbJdYpUrJlApVbJs4pRLJ6kpSbKJcpSLKREpSLKZe0LQtC0LQA--&width=400&scene=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vistaprint.com%2Fdocuments%2Fapi%2Fscene%2F1209&category=lp&merchant_metadata=372

https://rendering.documents.cimpress.io/v1/vp/preview?instructions=QSH_JgVgqIsAABRFgAAGIsCwLAxEsCfCRDLiSgpx0ToHTWIZUU2CnKidA6axDKimwU5cSXzyuIZcSUFOPiS%24eVy4koKcfEl88rYqVKKf%24xhRRR5DOHQ8hhxJfPK8CTL20Ojo4OZ0Xl7q4NjewsjmXMjexuraytzo5lzG0trg5Mrm5lzS3l7sYl7q4NjewsjmXmJoaHByamRqYGj8YmJgXuDkyuzSyu5%246MrcwtzoeuzE6kzq4Njewsio3tbK3HpiaGhwcmpkamBoWmzKYGpqZGBsymRawmRibGrNaFoWgA--&width=400&scene=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vistaprint.com%2Fdocuments%2Fapi%2Fscene%2F1225&category=lp&merchant_metadata=372

Who said: intelligence is not a science

1.Power surges, also known as transient voltages
2. Over-reaching, 3
3. industry or manufacturing
4. True

Bonus: Frank Carlucci

1- power surges
2- over reaching, 3
3- electricity generation
4- true

1- power surges
2- over reaching, 3
3- Pilot lights
4- true

Power surges
Over-reaching, 3 feet
Heat waste
True
Frank Carlucci

Power surges
Over reaching, 3
Insufficient insulation
True
Frank Carlucci

1. Power surges
  2. Over reaching, 3
  3. Standby power (vampire power, phantom load)
  4. True

EC. Frank Carlucci

Power surges, overreaching, 3, vehicles idling, true, Frank Carlucci.

1. Power surge
  2. Over-reaching…42 inches
  3. industry or manufacturing.
  4. true
    Frank Carlucci.

2. Ladders should extend a minimum of _____ feet over the roofline…
You should have said what type of ladders…Just sayin’

We are all blessed to have the ability to see things in a different light. (who said it?)
Thanks Roy! :slight_smile:

I don’t know ! Let me Guess…Humm! Bob Ross…:smiley:

**Congratulations Steve Nadeau for winning this weeks QOTW. :smiley:
Good job!
Follow the directions to obtain your books.

**1) _____ _____ are prolonged rises in voltage significantly above the designated level in the flow of electricity
Transient Voltages (aka Power Surges)
Surge Protectors - Int’l Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
2) The most common and dangerous type of ladder misuse is _____ _____
Ladders should extend a minimum of _____ feet over the roofline
Over-reaching
Three
www.nachi.org/ladder-safety.htm
3) More than 20% of the gas used in the United States is wasted by
Pilot Lights
Pilot Lights - Int’l Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
4) If the water heater circuit breaker is in a panel within sight, another disconnect is not necessary
True or False
True
www.mcgarryandmadsen.com/inspection/Blog/Entries/2016/5/9_Does_an_electric_water_heater_require_a_disconnect.html (INachi members)

Congratulations Steve

You were close but I don’t paint.
Quote by: Marc A. Goldenberg :cool:

Darnit ! I should have known that.

Congrats Steve!

Congrats Steve, good job. :slight_smile:

Congrats Steve.

Yay! Thanks, it was late and I had a couple of beers in me, I didn’t see the bonus question. I already have the great shirt, but I’d give it to someone if I hadn’t missed it.
Thanks again, Marc, Nick, and fellow sleuths.