Questions of the week 11/26/17

Questions of the week

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.
Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year**, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.
Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.**

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

The Questions:

**1. Electric heaters provide heat by being **

a. Radiative
b. Convective
c. Conductive
d. Resiliant
2. About how much coal energy is turned into electricity?**

a. 65%
b. 30%
c. 85%
d. 42%
3. Heating oil burns hotter than natural gas? **
a. True
b. False**

1. The cleanest burning fuel for home heating is? **

a. Natural gas
b. Propane
c. Fuel oil
d. Iodized wood pellets

Good luck inspectors!

A
b
t
b

1.a b c
2. a
3 t =a
4 a

C
b
f
a

B,b,a,a

1. A
  2. A
  3. A
  4. A

B, a, a, b

Good questions Paul.

Some questions can have more than one correct answer.

Think about it.

That would have been good to know in the OP! :wink:

Paul, that is difficult. Do you mean all the questions have more than one answer or could have different answers?:slight_smile:

Do I have to answer them for y’all & give the books to Jimmy Swaggart? :wink:
Or perhaps Billy Idol… :mrgreen:

I have noted their answers, and if there is more than one applicable answer, they all should be allowed to edit and add the second answer to the ones they have now.
Ex.
a, b
b, c
d, a
b, d
If that is what Paul meant

I agree. One or some of the questions can have more than one right answer. If that threw you off come on back as Marcel said.
But, you can only add an answer, not change answers.

OK, question one can have 2 or more answers.
My bad. Just trying to make it more challenging.

My Original quoted above…

Answers added below

1. A, B
  2. A
  3. A
  4. A, B (Both are considered clean but I chose propane originally as it is not a direct greenhouse gas in the event of a leak)

Question 4 kinda can as well. the differences are incredibly minor.

1. A,B,C
  2. D
  3. True
  4. A

ABC
b
f
a

No worries! Good questions Paul. Thanks for your time!