Questions of the Week 12-9-17

**Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week !

Questions of the week:

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Good luck! :slight_smile:

1. There are ______ methods of heat transfer. Name the method that does not require physical contact

2. The National Electric Code (NEC) requires that driven rods be a minimum
    of ____ in length and that ____ of length must be in direct contact with the soil

3. _______ is typically made from _______ because it has a similar coefficient of thermal expansion to that of concrete, which minimizes stress on the structure in response to changing temperatures

4. A _______ wall, also known as a _______ wall, is a masonry wall with high thermal mass used to passively store solar energy in a home

Extra Credit Fun!
What was the first song on the “Freak Out” album

Oh! I think I know these without looking them up (except for the bonus ?). Good questions Marc.

Thanks Chuck!
Are you allowed? :wink:

No Sir. I’m not eligible, but I can participate vicariously.

1- 3,radiation
2-8 foot length, 8 foot contact
3-bridges, steel
4-trombe, passive solar
ec- hungry freaks, daddy

3, radiation
rebar, steel
Trombe, thermal storage

Hungry Freaks, Daddy

1.) 3, radiation
2.) 8-10 feet in length, 8 feet of ground contact minimum with industrial specifications requiring 10 feet of contact as a minimum.
3.) Bridges, metal expansion joints
4.) solar, trombe
Bonus: Hungry Freaks, Daddy by The Mothers of Invention

radiation
8 feet, 8 feet
bridge, metal expansion joints
Solar, Trombe

Hungry Freaks, Daddy

1. 3, radiation
  2. 8 feet, 8 feet
  3. Rebar, steel
  4. Trombe, solar

Hungry Freaks, Daddy

Good questions !

Congratulations Tim Williams for winning this weeks QOTW.
Good job!
Follow the directions to obtain your books.

(I was waiting for you to show up) :slight_smile:

There are ______ methods of heat transfer. Name the method that does not require physical contact
three
radiation
How Does Heat Travel?

The National Electric Code (NEC) requires that driven rods be a minimum of ____ in length and that ____ of length must be in direct contact with the soil
eight ft
eight ft
**[Different Types of Grounding Electrodes - E&S Grounding](http://www.esgroundingsolutions.com/different-types-of-grounding-electrodes/)**

_______ is typically made from _______ because it has a similar coefficient of thermal expansion to that of concrete, which minimizes stress on the structure in response to changing temperatures
rebar
steel
Rebar - Int’l Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)

A _______ wall, also known as a _______ wall, is a masonry wall with high thermal mass used to passively store solar energy in a home**
[Trombe Walls - Int'l Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)](https://www.nachi.org/trombe-walls.htm)
**trombe
solar

Nice work, Tim!

Congratulations Tim, well done. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Congrats!

Congrats Tim!

Marc,

Thanks for posting the links to where you obtained the information. Interestingly, my sources were all from different sources than yours.

Tim

Not surprised Thanks Tim! :smiley:
I like to post 'em for two reasons.
education
prevent any petulant whining

Don’t forget to vote!
Vote for Member of the Year/Gromicko Award

You know me Marc . I’ll do that alway…:smiley:

I was not referring to anyone in particular. :slight_smile: