Questions of the week.

Good afternoon all, and welcome to another round of Question of The Week.

Questions of the week;**

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Questions:**

1. A reglet is used for 3 primary flashing situations. Valley, wall and ridge? T/F

2. Copper and lead flashing cannot be used in contact with or even above aluminum, zinc, or coated steel without an increased risk of premature corrosion unless you install a rifled ridge at the same time. T/ F

3. Chimney crickets or saddles work so well you can often forgo flashing and its associated problems. **T/ F **

4.The first known flashing materials were described on a Cuniform tablet found at the burial site of Sumerian architect Nebessh who designed the gardens for Neo-Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar II, who ruled between 605 and 562 BC.** T/ F **

Good luck inspectors

F
f
f
f

F
f
f
t

F
t
f
f

Great questions Paul. Thanks for teaching new things. You and Marcel are greatly appreciated.

F
f
t
f

Just got back from the doctor and saw Dave Fetty is correct.
Congratulations Dave, all the correct answers would be false.**

Dave is the winner!:smiley:

Thanks for the nod to our volunteer work.

Thanks Paul, I guess the early bird gets the worm :lol:

I got a worm for you!
You early birds are Sick Puppies No Doubt.
My question is why would anybody be up that early on the board?
Did y’all have nightmares or too much coffee which one?

I woke up at 4 and instead of tossing and turning until the clock goes off, I get up when I wake up. I almost always check the board while I am waiting for my coffee to brew.

My God that is freaking boring. You do have a GF don’t you?

Congratulations Dave. :slight_smile:

Congrats, Dave! :smiley:

Yes thank you for your work as well as other members of the awards committee.

Kissy … Kissy …
Kissing up again Mr. Fetty! Huh?:smiley:

Oh good grief! I got a worm for you too!! It is called a nightcrawler!

Dude! That’s nothing to brag about! :shock:

1. Chimney crickets or saddles work so well you can often forget flashing and its associated problems.** T**

“Really”:shock::shock:

Couldn’t resist Jeff:mrgreen:

Marcel, you need to look at the big picture here… all the other choices at answers have already been answered. There is only one winner, so I had no choice but to hope in some weird “Paul” world (remember the seashell windows?) that the chimney question would go my way! :wink: