Questions Of The Week May 6, 2018

**Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week !

Questions of the week:

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

**THANKS for being here and good luck! ** :smile:

1. when a current flows through a resistance, the electrical _______ is converted to _______
2) what is poor and/or does not conduct electricity? (may or may not be multiple answer)
a) honey
b) vinegar
c) tap and/or distilled water 
d) milk 
e) fuels
  1. VOLTAGE cannot exist without CURRENT ~ true or false
    CURRENT cannot exist without VOLTAGE ~ true or false
4) wiring for wet locations MUST use THWN only, but wiring allowed for damp locations can only use THHN
true or false

extra credit for a “soon to be famous” Inspectorsaurus T-Shirt!
Say pass if you already have one, no gifting allowed.

who sang this in 1961
the moon is bright and I’m half tight my life is just beginning

1. energy, light and heat
  2. honey, milk, distilled water
  3. f & t
  4. f
    Extra: Buck Owens

Energy… heat
Honey
F…T
F
Pass

Energy… heat
honey, milk
F…T
F
Buck Owens

1. Energy, Heat
  2. Honey
  3. F… T
  4. F
    Extra: Jimmy Dean… (Pass)

YEA! About time you showed up .:smiley:

1. Energy; heat
  2. Honey, distilled water, fuels (confused by the question because tap water can be a pretty good conductor while distilled water isn’t)
  3. F. T
    4, F
  1. Energy and Heat
  2. Honey, Fuel
  3. F & T
  4. F

EC - Jimmy Dean

Ha! The bears are leaving their dens :mrgreen:

Energy and heat
A,C,D,E
False, True
False

Energy, Heat
honey, or distilled water, milk, fuels
False, True
False

Extra Credit: Jimmy Dean

By the way Marc the T-shirt is famous already. Thanks for the questions, John

Did I win?

Thanks John I appreciate the thought! :smiley:

Speaking of “appreciating the thought”, a lot of thought went into answering these questions - incorrectly.

Enlighten us, Oh Swami, so that my mind can return to its natural dormant state.
:smiley:

1. Energy, heat energy
  2. A, B, E – I believe that it is deionized water that is not conductive
  3. False, True
  4. False

EC -Pass

Tap water is a good conductor but distilled water is not a “good” conductor. Both have different answers and the question was a little misleading. What is the degree of “poor” as stated in the question?

found on Science ABC >>

Hey guys! We put in allot of effort & time here…
PLEASE REFRAIN from posting discussion, links, etc. that may influence, help or hinder someone’s answers or even disclose an answer, which could result in a disqualification by Mr. Roy Lewis.
Thank you. :slight_smile:

Sorry. I assumed we were done with the question. My bad. :frowning: