Questions of the week of 8/26/18

Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!

Questions of the week:**

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.**

Winnings will be limited to no more than 3 times in a given year,** the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers
or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Good luck inspectors!**
In apartments, condos and townhomes fire-resistance-rated wall assemblies are allowed to have a**

a. 1’ cantilever
b. 2’ cantilever
c. 3’ cantilever
d. All of the above
e. No cantilever
2. In a garage to home common wall the fire-resistance-rated wall assembly shall be fitted to a tightness of **

a. 1/4”
b. 1/8”
c. 1/16”
d. 1/20”
3. Intumescent Firestop Collars are not allowed to be placed on **

a. PVC
b. ABS
c. Both PVC and ABS
d. Ceilings
e. Intumescent Firestop Collars are allowed on PVC and ABS
f. Paul made this up to be a trick question and there is no right answer
4. A door from the garage to the homes interior should have a (Can have 2 or more answers)**

a. 1 3/8” minimum solid wood/ wood product core
b. 1 3/8” solid or honeycombed steel
c. 1 ¼” Gypsum filled cavity between steel veneers
d. A 30 minute rating from the American Fenestration Council
e. All of the above

Bonus question for a bag of Silvertree coffee:
Who lives in a Crazy World of Fire?**

E
b
e
e

D
B
E
E
Arthur Brown

Good questions Paul. Nice job.

These are challenging

D
b
e
a,b

Anymore takers with Paul’s questions?:slight_smile:

So! The answers so far are incorrect?..Huh?
I’d give it another shot…

What! No takers from different Members?:slight_smile:

Hello Marcel. I could not log on for a few days but I’m back. Hmmm, I found the information for the questions in a short amount of time so I thought they were fair questions. Maybe everyone is too busy inspecting?

Bump…

Bump in Color. :mrgreen:

If and when the question opens up to us old guys with multiple wins, I’d love to give it a shot.

Old guy! Hell you don’t look a day older than 45. Must be an old picture. :mrgreen:

That is up to Paul to decide Steve.

And I fail to understand with 165 people on line right now, how they can’t give this a shot to win these books. ;):slight_smile:

Give it another day. I am busy building a deck plus I got out sailing today. I’m gonna go rent a movie and open it up again sometime tomorrow.

Thanks Paul. hope you are coming along good with your deck. :slight_smile:

Decks going ok, raining right now. I was hoping to get some deckboards installed. Not going to happen today.

The pic may be a couple years old - Ill be 58 next week. But I’ve been building houses / contracting since 1976 so there’s that.

I wrote down my answers the day the questions got asked. I haven’t changed 'em.

Well Happy Birthday Steve, before I forget. Stay young. ;):slight_smile:

Well Happy Birthday Steve
Enjoy the day and the Cake .

All the best Roy .