Questions Of The Week April 17, 2018

**Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week !

Questions of the week:

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

**THANKS for being here and good luck! ** :smile:

1. What does your favorite band & a FRONT entry doorbell have in common?
2) _______ resist the conduction of the _______
  1. In a 100 volt circuit with a resistance of 25 ohms, the current flowing through the circuit is which of the following:
    a) 1.25 amps
    b) 2.5 amps
    c) 4 amps
    d) 5 amps
4) Describe what this is and when and/or why it occurs
**[What Is This?](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCJ-H9VdOq4&feature=youtu.be)**

Extra Credit:
If the home has a _______ _______ check to make sure the waste pipe from the disposal has a trap installed

Oh, good questions, Marc.

Nice Marc. :slight_smile:

1.Two notes and you’re on your feet.
2. Resistors resist the conduction of the electrons
3. C
4. Water hammer: occurs when a valve closes suddenly at an end of a pipeline system, Causing a pressure wave in the pipe.

Good ones…

1. They both get you on your feet??? I flippin’ guess…LOL!
  2. Resistors/electrons
  3. C
  4. Water Hammer…Water hammer occurs when water suddenly changes direction.The momentum change causes pressure waves in the pipes .
    Extra Credit: Septic tank (system)
  1. Both use electromagnets to amplify sound.
  2. Resistor, electron
  3. C
  4. Water hammer. The sudden stop of flowing water creates a shock-wave.

Great questions Marc!

1. AC/DC
  2. Resistors resist the conduction of the electrons
  3. C
  4. Water hammer - a knocking noise in a water pipe that occurs when a tap is turned off briskly.
  5. Garbage disposal

Extra Credit: Funky Smell

So who is your favorite band, and what if your favorite band is an all acoustic Quaker washboard quartet? Would that affect the answer??

My favorite band is Widespread Panic and that is usually how I feel when I hear the doorbell.

That deserves some extra credit right there - lol!

You guys are close for number two but not technically correct.
I’ll reveal the answers later tonight & then you can argue about it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Insulator

I’m ready! Yep!

1. 2 notes
  2. Insulators resist the conduction of the electrons
  3. C
  4. Water hammer - sudden stop of the flow of water causing a pressure wave

EC. Double sink

1. What does your favorite band & a FRONT entry doorbell have in common?
    They each use electromagnets
    How Electromagnets Work | HowStuffWorks
2) _______ resist the conduction of the _______
**resistors current**
[Basic Units of Simple Electrical Circuits by Ron Kurtus - Physics Lessons: School for Champions](https://www.school-for-champions.com/science/electricity_basic_units.htm#.WslmCH9ryUk)
  1. In a 100 volt circuit with a resistance of 25 ohms, the current flowing through the circuit is which of the following:
    a) 1.25 amps
    b) 2.5 amps
    c) 4 amps
    d) 5 amps
    C – Ohm’s law I = E ÷ R, so 100 ÷ 25 = 4 amps
4) Describe what this is and when and/or why it occurs
**water hammer**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=(https://www.nachi.org/garbage-disposals.htm)

I guess having a washboard acoustic quartet wasn’t such a good idea…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Well it was a pretty weak supposition. . :stuck_out_tongue:

Marc you should have let it run until Friday.