Questions Of The Week July 26

**Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!

Questions of the week:

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
**Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers
or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.
So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

**THANKS for being here and good luck!

This week’s questions are a collaboration thanks to Daniel Levia and Marcel Cyr. .:grin:

**1) The ____________ is the simplest corrosion produced by means of chemical attack.
a) Electrolytic theory
b) Chemical action theory
c) Galvanic action theory
d) High temperature oxidation
  1. What is the difference between a bazooka and a banjo?
3) All of these fittings are acceptable by code for changes in direction in drainage piping except
a) long sweep 1/4-bend
b) 1/5-bend
c) 1/6-bend
d) wye
  1. What is the moulded shape on the edges of stiles, rails and bars, adjacent to panels?
5) On a flat roof with improper drainage, how heavy is a two inch deep 20 x 20 puddle?
a) 500 pounds
b) 1000 pounds
c) 1,500 pounds
d) 1 ton
e) 2 ton
f) Stormy Daniels implants

I know…I know…:cool: :shock: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Great questions, Marc and Dan! Good work, my friends!

Good questions Marc, Daniel and Marcel, thank you for your time!

1 = b also called oxidation

2 = A banjo is a manual drywall taping tool to apply drywall tape only and a bazooka will apply the tape and compound at the same time.

3 = b

4 = Panel mold

5 = e approximately depending on whose weight definition you use for a cubic foot of water.

Good questions!

Of course Stormy’s azz is probably the same weight! :smiley:

1 B
2 The banjo is designed to apply joint compound and tape in one pass. The bazooka provides a similar junction, but allows for a longer reach to the ceiling.
3 B
4 Ogee edge
5 E

Nice job Roy! I knew if I jumped in for a change you would keep me honest!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Did I win?..:D:cool:
Manny! You had/have them most correctly…
I just jived on your answers…!

How you doing Bubby?
I’m doing great.
We need to talk more often…Yep!
Agree?

not in actual trim carpentry lingo
keep playing…your replies amuse me…ya old sticking in the mud

Hey Roy,

Doing good so far. Of course I’m not as old as you! :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t know if you won but we have a trim carpenter expert, building expert, etc., etc., who set me straight on the trim answer. Barry really knows his chit!! :smiley:

FYI for you new Inspectors out there. If you have a question contact Barry and Roy they’ll set you straight!

Thank you Brother… I appreciate you as well.

Well, Barry is not the only Finish Carpenter in town you know.
;):slight_smile:

We need to stick to the program and wait for a winner. And no one got it accurate yet.
Maybe more Members will join in.

LOL…I agree. :smiley:

1 b) Chemical action theory

2 A banjo is simpler for a sole operator but you’ll need stilts or a ladder to tape the ceilings. A bazooka allows the operator to tape the ceiling without ladders or stilts, but generally you need a second person - one to operate the bazooka and another to knife the joints. Banjo is easier to operate for an unskilled laborer and to field clean whereas bazookas require a skilled operator and are a P.I.T.A. to clean.

3 1/5-bend

4 Dado

5 Two tons

How’d I do?

Close Steve, but no cigar yet. ;):slight_smile:

Number 4 will be an interesting one for most.

true dat! McHammer knows! & prolly knew back in the '70s

hopefully

ya notice Roy went into stealth mode ;~)

Dag nabbit. You say po-tay-toe I say po-tay-toe too. Who the hell says po-tah-toe anyway?

Don’t know about you, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGX727AirbI?t=11) but I call it “Patate” and my Canadian Friends probably call them “Pomme de Terre;):)”

Not fair to post hints/answers!