QuestionsOfTheWeek August 13

Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!

Questions of the week:

Please Read the Introduction and requirements, changes may have been made.

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than three times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

**At this time, responses are open to all inspectors who have not won during this calendar year.
If no correct answers, the responses will then be open to others at a time determined by the committee.

A big THANKS to Daniel Levia & Marcel Cyr for questions. :smiley:

1. What does it mean when saying a door has a wind?
2) What is a door jack used for?
  1. In case of _______ it is seen that the allowable bearing pressure on the soil is not exceeded, even under the worst conditions.

a) Withdrawal of moisture from the sub-soil
b) Transpiration of trees and shrubs
c) Unequal settlement of the sub-soil
d) Atmospheric action

4) To avoid _______ the foundations should be taken beyond the depth up to which rainwater cannot reach.

a) Unequal settlement of the soil
b) Horizontal movement of the earth
c) Atmospheric action
d) Withdrawal of moisture from the sub-soil
  1. Due to the _______ the roots of trees planted near a building may extend up to the foundation level and may absorb the moisture.

a) Withdrawal of moisture from the sub-soil
b) Transpiration of the trees and shrubs
c) Atmospheric action
d) Unequal settlement of the soil

EXTRA CREDIT: What Song Lyrics?

[QUOTE]
I ain't gonna miss you when you go
[/QUOTE]

1- there is such a thing as hate.
2-a frame for holding door when being planed.
3-c
4-d
5-b
EC- Prince Aint gonna miss you when you gone OR Glen Campbel Im not going to miss you.

Members and Students all welcome and thanks Marc. :slight_smile:

Pass!

Those Members.

I think this will find its mark in a positive way.

PASS!

https://www.worldwideweirdholidays.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/national-pass-gas-day.jpg

Thanks, JJ, your post above is helpful, exceptional just like this one: https://www.nachi.org/forum/1956843-post32.html

Sure, you betcha! Just “sounding my opinion” on Marcels UNNECESSARY second post!

I luv ya brother and the feud with Marcel doesn’t help the Awards Committee move forward and remain relevant in helping the general membership. Is it possible for you guys to avoid the award’s committee’s threads with your innuendos? Sure would appreciate it.

My post #1 was an appropriate, common and accepted response on this MB.

Marcel once again “poked the bear”.

As always, I am ‘Switzerland’ until I’m provoked!

Have a nice day. :wink:

Sorry Jeff, it is not appropriate when you are feuding with a member of the awards committee. It appears you set it up to be poked. I’m sure you read the introduction.

Please work it out so we can move forward and remain relevant to helping the general membership.

Lots of Doc appointments tomorrow. So I won’t be back soon.

Have a good night.

1. There is such a thing as hate and it is an essential power in the universe.
  2. A tool that allows one tech to handle big bumpers & doors alone.
  3. C
  4. D
  5. B

Extra Credit: Fleetwood Mac Lyrics - “Second Hand News”

Let me know when I can take a shot at it…OK?

10-4 will do! :slight_smile:

**The responses are now open to others that have not yet won three times this year

**Good Luck! ** :slight_smile:

1.Door is not sealed properly
2.Support/carry weight of header
3.c
4.c
5.b
Prince

1 weatherstrip not sealed.
2 header support
3 c
4 a
5 a

1. A wind in a door is where the door is twisted or out of square and opens or closes by itself (In Yorkshire we spelt it wynd)

2. A door jack is a frame used to hold a door while its edge is being planed.

3. c

4. c

5. b

EXTRA CREDIT: Fleetwood Mac (Wet Wet Wet did a cover), Second Hand News (Originally on the FM-Rumours Album)

[size=3]Congratulations Leonard Inkster for winning this weeks QOTW. :slight_smile: . :smiley:

Good job!
Follow the directions to obtain your books.

A big thank you again to Daniel Levia & Marcel Cyr for the questions.
Some were close, but Len nailed it.
The committee hopes to see you all next week!

OH! Extra Credit, I thank Bill & Len for that.

If you follow the lyrics verbatim ~ **Second Hand News by Fleetwood Mac

[/size]