Commerical Reporting Software

What software are you guys using for your commercial reporting? I am looking to change what I am using for residential and am wondering if there is a program that works well for both, or if I should buy separate programs. I am really only doing light commercial normally less than 15,000 s/f and it’s only about 15% of my business. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Home Guage

Ditto HomeGauge…!!

Simply works the best for my needs…!!

You can make any kind of template known to man or one not known to man…create what ever you want.

I highly recommend HomeGauge for commercial and residential inspections.

Great. Thanks guys. Do you guys use it with a pocket PC?

I retired my pocket PC a couple months ago. It liked to crash on me after I had done a report. I switched to a laptop but still have the pocket PC version if I ever need it.

Russ,

I’m to old…I need a 20 in. screen…:shock: …(8\)

One Russell to another-
check out
http://www.homeinspectorpro.com/
Affordable & powerful!

HomeGauge…There is a Commercial Template already and you can customize it to fit whatever you need it to do. The software and support are amazing!!!

Hi Russell,

I use the Porter Valley Commercial reporting system, I also have the Porter Valley residential, personally I would not be without the PV Commercial as it is so flexible,however it may be over-kill for light commercial.

The big advantage of PV is that you do not need a template, as you can add multiple buildings to a site, and multiple sections (locations) within a building on the fly, also the boilerplate comments include many areas that you would not see in residential software.

Porter Valley Commercial also has things like Scope of work, Executive summary and probably/projected repair cost modules built in to it.

I would suggest that you down load the trial versions of all the better software brands and “test drive” them to see which is the best fit.

Feel free to give me a call if you would like a more detailed explanation.

Regards

Gerry

Thanks Gerry I am looking at it now.

The word template can be confusing as some software companies use that for different meanings. In HomeGauge you open a template (commercial, residential, 4 point inspection) then you can add sections, duplicate etc. Same thing.

While HomeGauge already comes with commercial retail, multifamily templates, HG is set to release the ASTM E 2018 commercial in the new 4.0 release this December (next month). The ASTM E 2018 template will cost $195 and will include a licensed copy of the ASTM E 2018 Standards.

The word template can be confusing as some software companies use that for different meanings. In HomeGauge you open a template (commercial, residential, 4 point inspection) then you can add sections, duplicate etc. Same thing.

While HomeGauge already comes with commercial retail, multifamily templates, HG is set to release the ASTM E 2018 commercial in the new 4.0 release this December (next month). The ASTM E 2018 template will cost $195 and will include a licensed copy of the ASTM E 2018 Standards.