InspectMaster Offer

He’s at it again. I received this e-mail today:

InspectMaster is highly rated, top-of-the-line inspection software with a solid reputation for ease of use and reliability. Written in Java, InspectMaster is capable of running on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux operating systems. And, with all three versions included at no extra cost, you can easily transfer inspection files from one OS to another. You will not find better software at a price this low for a long, long time.

To download a demo of the software, please visit www.inspectmaster.com/demo.php.

If interested, the temporary purchase page that has been set up for this promotion can be found at www.inspectmaster.com/nachi_discount.php.

Best Regards,

Martin Hewitt
InspectMaster

P.S. Interested in a link exchange? If so, place a link to www.inspectmaster.com somewhere on your website and then send us an email letting us know where we can find it, and we’ll place a link to your site here.

You are receiving this email because your name was made available to us via the NACHI website. If you do not wish to continue receiving emails from us, you can opt out here >>Unsubscribe<<

Linas thats the same guy whom came in here insulting and lying to NACHI members about free software.
I would not touch it with a ten foot pole.
He promised me free software myself and never delivered.
He just dis-appeared.

Bob, Linas realizes that. He’s posting it here so we can see that the guy is still out there sending emails to NACHI members every few days.

Technically NACHI is a copyrighted term so Nick could stop him from using it. Obviously no one from other organizations is going to know what happened here.

For all of those that live in the State of Washington, there is a simple and fun way to get rid of these spamming leeches. House Bill 2752 and went into effect on July 11, 1998. It allows you to sue, even out of state spammers, in Superior Court for actual damages or $500.00, whichever is GREATER. Because this law falls under the State of Washington’s Consumer Protection Act, it is given “the long arm of the law”, which allows either the victim or the State’s Attorney General to pursue these bums even if they don’t live in the State.

For those of you interested, here are two areas to check for more information. LINK1 and LINK2. Very easy to do. I look forward to some of these worm bellies sending more of their crap so I can start collecting my $500 apiece. :twisted:

He’s at it again:
Fellow Home Inspector,

I am very fortunate to get a lot of inspections through my home inspection website, but it took a little work to make this happen.

If you want to get a significant amount of work through your website, your website has to be ‘readily accessible’. This isn’t going to happen unless you have already worked on your site to make sure that it appears at the top of the lists that the search engines, such as Google, produce after a search.

Say for example your name is Henry Frud, and you are the owner of Frud Inspections, located in Akron, Ohio. Your website is at www.inspectionsbyfrud.com.

If a person is searching the internet for home inspectors in Akron, they will probably enter the following keywords into the search box: “home inspectors in akron, ohio”

http://us.f828.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download/us/ShowLetter?box=%40B%40Bulk&MsgId=1223_6866064_7626_3239_95133_0_52474_128267_2644855984&bodyPart=2.2&YY=93736&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=1

These are the websites that appear on the first page (and if you are not on the first page, you are already out of the picture, so to speak):

http://us.f828.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download/us/ShowLetter?box=%40B%40Bulk&MsgId=1223_6866064_7626_3239_95133_0_52474_128267_2644855984&bodyPart=2.3&YY=93736&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=1

To make sure that your company appears on the first page of the major search engines, and preferably at or near the TOP of the first page, you need to have a lot of links to your website from other home inspection-related websites. But not just any kind of links. You need links with relevant ANCHOR TEXT. What the heck is relevant anchor text, you ask? Hey, glad you asked…

Relevant anchor text for Henry’s website are the same words (AKA KEYWORDS) that was, or might otherwise be, entered into the Google search box. Yep, “home inspectors in akron, ohio” is relevant anchor text for Henry’s site. Other relevant anchor text would be (and you want to mix it up a bit - you don’t want a hundred links to your site with the exact same anchor text, or the search engines will think you are up to no good, or wearing a ‘black hat’):

“akron, ohio home inspectors”
“akron home inspection companies”
“home inspection companies in Akron, oh”
“home inspectors in Akron”

The websites on the Google list will not change much when using the aforementioned keywords, just a little bit of change in “rank”, as the keywords are pretty much the same, or very similar.

What Henry needs, then, in order to compete with the big boys and get his site to appear on the first page of the search engines, are a lot of ‘quality’ relevant anchor text links from other websites. Here, then, is an ‘active’ link to Henry’s website that contains relevant anchor text:

home inspectors in akron, ohio

As you can/will clearly see, this is not really Henry’s website, just a page on one of my websites set up to illustrate the meaning of a link with relevant anchor text. But wait, what was that I just said about ‘quality’ links? Well, a quality link would be from a website that has been around for a few years, and usually the older it is, the higher the value. Why? Because the search engines are programmed to believe that that older sites are more ‘trustworthy’ and less likely to be ‘spammy’. A quality link would also be froma site with a high page rank, or ‘PR’. if you install the Google toolbar into your browser, you will be able to see the page rank of any website on the internet. Why does a link from a website with a high PR have more value than a link from a site with a low one? Because the more high quality, relevant links that a website has linking to it, the more important the search engines think it is.

SCHOOL IS OUT!

What am I getting at here? I’d like to propose a link exchange with you. You provide a link to my website, using relevant anchor text, and I’ll provide a link to your website, using relevant anchor text. Just go to my submit link page and fill out the short form. Every link makes a difference, and one from a 10 year old website with a Google PR of 3 is a very good place to start.

Thanks for your time,

Martin Hewitt

Good to know he reads my articles.

Suprised he is still in business ,with the way he runs it.

It used to be considered poor etiquette on this message board for vendors to hawk their stuff here. We seemed to have drifted away from that. It seems that we are drifting away at an ever increasing rate – an alarming rate.

Even though I am a vendor, I am opposed to vendors selling stuff on this or any other message board. I believe it seriously diminishes the quality of the board. I am not one to promote having a lot of rules but I would like to see us have a rule for this board that prohibits selling or directly promoting products here.

The members all know who is selling what. If and when they need something, they will go to the vendors.

Keith Swift would occasionally post messages hinting that it was poor etiquette for vendors to hawk their goods on the board. He never pointed a finger at anyone. Instead, he has always led by example. He has always taken great care to participate on the board as a home inspector, not as a vendor. Obviously, some of us wear two hats but we should be here as inspectors first and foremost. The membership has always respected Keith, in part, because he was careful not to sell his software here.

If a vendor is here legitimately helping inspectors as Dominic does, that’s fine. We all appreciate the help. I don’t think too many of us would object to getting help. Most of us need as much help as we can get. But, for any vendor to get on the board with the main intent being to sell their stuff is just wrong.

When I listen to the radio or watch television, I know that the advertisers are making the programs available free to anyone who wants to listen or watch. I expect to have to listen to or see a few commercials. I don’t expect commercials when I go to a message board to share ideas with fellow inspectors.

InterNACHI members who are also vendors also support InterNACHI in many ways but we also recognize that the members of this organization pay dues and have a right to have a place to go to meet with fellow inspectors without having vendors trying to sell stuff to them.

I stopped going to movies when a few (OK, maybe more than a few) years ago they started running commercials in the theaters. That was, and is, offensive to me. I paid to get away and relax for a couple of hours. The commercial made going to the movies not fun anymore.

We need to try to keep the board fun and educational.

Thanks, George.
There should be no hinting with Hewitt. He posted on the board under an assumed name, and hawked software that included chunks of narratives, which I wrote, that he’d shamelessly stolen from the PVS library. He weakly protested, at first, then apologized, whined and sniveled a little, and then promised to cease and desist. He is what he is, and the truth became known, as it always will. Nick has a name for such people. Right Nick? The line between clean and dirty capitalism often becomes blurred. More on that if I ever finish the article I’m writing.