Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Inspection Hardware, Software & Publications What hardware, software, books, videos, etc have you found useful? What would you like to see more of? This topic is to discuss various inspection-related products and publications.

Old 3/23/18, 10:37 AM
Student Inspector

Default InterNACHI narrative template and Inspectit

Hello,

I am a student inspector and am in the process of doing my practice inspections and reports. I have the InterNACHI narratives with template and I have been reading about how it is utilized with other software and was curious if it could be used with Inspectit. I know with the software I can add the narratives in manually to the pre-loaded narrative list, but it would be quite time consuming. I did not know if there was an easier way. Thanks for any advice in advance. Have a great day.
Need a home inspection in Louisiana? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Louisiana certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 3/26/18, 6:33 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

Default Re: InterNACHI narrative template and Inspectit

How do you like Inspector?
I use HomeHubZone (the paid version that doesn't solicite my clients)

I have never read the INACHI narratives.
How do you like those?

The preloaded narratives in HHZ are poor. I just sucked it up, grabbed my books & wrote my own. A few hours a day for a few weeks & I have around 800 narratives.
Old 3/27/18, 10:01 AM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

There is a Nachi narrative template for Homegauge. That's the only one I'm familiar with. It's great.

Certified Inspection Services, LLC
5521 Mission Road #1422, Bonsall, CA 92003
San Diego Home Inspection
Like me on Facebook
Award Winning Sample Report
Check out my blog
My Privacy Policy
Temecula Home Inspection
Check out the HG User Group on FB
ITC Certified Level I Thermographer
Old 3/27/18, 9:50 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Home Inspector Pro + Nachi narratives is a good start for a new inspector.

David Tearle
(425) 786-7680
Serving the Greater Seattle Area

www.bellevuehomeinspectors.com
www.stepbystephomeinspections.com

Let us help you step into your new home!
Old 3/30/18, 12:45 PM
Student Inspector

Thanks guys,

I actually bought Inspectit when I finished the AHIT classroom training. They offered a deal available to students at the end of it which looking back was just a sales pitch for their products. They made us decide that day to get the discount. I did not know any better at that point. I should have done more research ahead of time but I was new to all of this. Hindsight is always 20/20. I then found InterNACHI while looking at ASHI, which they recommended, and have been blown away ever since. I knew I would need some help getting started with my reports which is why I bought the narratives from Inspector Outlet. I have been using/customizing them in my reports. I am so glad I did.

I noticed there was a drop down set for use with software and am familiar with the software it works with based on what I have read on here. I just didn't know if there were any Inspecit users using them. Basically I have been pulling them up with microsoft word and looking at them while writing my report on my Ipad. I didn't know if I could integrate them into the software as in the drop down list without manually adding every one. It looks like I can't. I am willing to add them each manually, even though it will take awhile, to speed up the report writing process later. All a work in progress I guess. I also know that with experience, the report writing process will get easier. Thanks again, and Happy Easter.
Old 3/30/18, 12:52 PM
Student Inspector

Inspect it is ok I guess. I do not have experience with any other software to compare. It is very glitchy and slow, and I wanted to do several customizations from the start and was told I could not do any of them from tech support. It has a checklist style template which covers all of the bases, and will not let you proceed if not completed with the section you are in which is good for new inspectors like me. I also know things will speed up with experience. I am content with it for now, but see myself outgrowing it eventually.
Old 4/9/18, 3:13 PM
Certified Master Inspector

Horizon is very Good

Eragorn Francis
Der Hous Inspector LLC
http://derhousinspector.co
Certified Master Inspector CMI